• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can't seem to be able to unlock refresh rates :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

login211

just got my 9700pro today, installed oemega 4.2 drivers

all is well but i can't unlock my refresh rates for resolotions that i'm not currently using, meaning i have set my refresh rate at 1152x864(which i'm using right now) to 75Hz and it works but i want to set the refresh rate at 1024x768 to 85(that is the max my monitor can handle at this res) but i am unable to do it

i installed powerstrip but that didnt' help, i installed Reforce and set the refresh rates for the resolutions i use and applied and rebooted but it didn't work :/

nvidia drivers had this function built in, do ati drivers have it aswell?

thanks

when you loaded your omegas did you remove or have any other ATI software on your system?

btw there have been a few bugs reported with these latest cats.....that said i'm using the same ones with no problems at all:D ....but i always remove previous drivers first as i have had problems with overwriting even though the guy who mods these drivers recommends overwriting

try the forum linked to the omega site .....driver heaven i think.....maybe they will have the answer you need;)

what are you guys using to unlock your refresh rates?

my monitor is fine, with my gf4ti4400 and gf4mx400 i was running 1024x768@85hz and 1152x864@75Hz

You can get unlocking software and such that will fool the drivers into setting your monitor to higher refresh rates.

However even though this sounds cool and follows along with the overclocker's outlook, it will destroy your monitor. Quickly.

i never was setting my monitor refresh rates to rates that it could not handle...

neway i fixed the problem and my refresh rates are uncapped

Ive just installed the latest ATI Catalyst drivers, and i'm getting the same problem.

Was working fine, and able to get the highest refresh rates from all resolutions. Now it seems fixed at 60 or 75. Very noticable flicker now @1200x1600.

Have updated from Omegas. 2.6.22.

BTW, there's a noticable reduction in performance between these. I was getting much better frame rates in most games with these drivers.

Think i'm going back to these.......

u can unlock using direct x too. its in control panels, open it up, and i believe on the last tab, u can hit override there. do at ur own risk tho.

edit - oepn up direct x in control panel, then hit dxdiag, hit more help, then override.

Back