• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What will a 2.8C at 3.8 in a Vapo do on good air cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wam

I'm thinking of buy one of a guy that used to have a 2.8C SL6WF at 3.8 in a Vapo. For you guys in the know can you give me a rough idea what to expect to get with SLK900-u etc.

Thanks guys, that pretty much backs up what I'm thinking. If I get it I'll post back here to confirm and see Silversinksam's crystal ball need cleaning or not. :)

see if you can find a SL6Z5 imo they are rockets mine done 3.6 straight out of the box and now seem to have gained another 30 mhz over time @ 3631 now.....

you gotta consider what volts he had running through it to get that speed to :D

I'm actually getting another one now that did 3.8 in a Vapo but I don't know what the stepping is or what V's he used but I'll find out.

I've just sold the CPU in my sig so as long as I get 3.4+ I won't mind but SL6Z5 would be nice but unlikely.

Last edited:
My 2.8 (SL6Z5) did 3.7ish on air (SLK-900) and now it's doing 3.8 in my prommy with slightly higher voltages.

(If anyone cares, I'm using a P4C800-E DX and Mushkin Lev. II)

I didn't even gain 50 MHz.

He says that it was doing 3.8 in the Vapo on default voltage. That sounds like a good omen but we will soon find out. :rolleyes:

Also just digressing a little, if I run at 250FSB then the mem will be at 200 which means I will be able to enable PAT fully. Is this correct. How much performance benefit is there from PAT?

I take it there's still no way to enable PAT after 200FSB unless you're running 1:1?

Last edited:
Just to update those guys who replied. As in my sig, I managed to run it stabily at 262 FSB (3670Mhz) mem at 4:5. Would probably get a little more with a SP-94 and higher powered fan but I just wanted to get past 3.5 so I'm content. ;)

Wam said:
Just to update those guys who replied. As in my sig, I managed to run it stabily at 262 FSB (3670Mhz) mem at 4:5. Would probably get a little more with a SP-94 and higher powered fan but I just wanted to get past 3.5 so I'm content. ;)
Nice oc bro.

Well coming from a phase change guy that's nice of you to say. ;)

It's a nice difference over my old 2.53 at 3.4. I was also going from single memory to dual so in tandem with the HT and higher FSB plus increased bandwidth I got quite a boost in overall performance.

I can now encode and do other things on the PC while this is going on.

Cheers. No this turned out to be a SL6WF. A guy was selling an m0 that went to 3.78 on H20 but he wanted too much for it. I only had to put £10 ($18) on top after selling my 2.53 so this worked out really good.

Back