• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandra benchmarks lower under Windows Me??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flu!d

Hey guyz....

I just installed (clean install) windows Me on my system (upgraded?? From Windows 98SE) and noticed that my Sandra benchmarks dropped!

Windows 98 SE CPU benchmarks:

Windows Me CPU benchmarks:

The system still seems to run along at a nice speed and if anything Quake III benchmarks have increased....Why the lower Sandra benchmark?

I have disabled system restore.

By the way....My system specs are as follows (Forgot to tick the 'include your sig' box):

PIII 1000 @ 1060 - 142 Mhz FSB Standard voltage
Gigabyte GA-60XE (intel 815EP) mobo
256 MB ram @ 142 Mhz
2 X 20GB Seagate ATA 100 HDD's
Creative Geforce 2 GTS 32 mb DDR
Soundblaster Live!
TEAC W-54E CD-RW
Vintech 50 X CD ROM

Thats not that much of a fluctuation and its kind of normal to get different scores, i'm running ME and i get different scores but only around 2 numbers of a difference. Also make sure you set up ME for best performance like disabling system restore and setting it to network server, and making sure your start up folder in msconfig is cleaned out so that you have as much system resources as possible.

good luck

ME is a little bit "heavier" of an operating system. I would kind of expect you to see some drops over 98. However I too noticed improved benchmarks in games and labor intensive programs like Seti or Folding.

I DO consider that an upgrade but only because I had very good luck with ME.

Back