• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

holy dog crap!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

charmapsyche

If it's not one problem it's another!
-Installing XP in dos(ok, figured it out)
-Installing XP in dos with a serial ata hd!! (ok figured this one out too)

-Finally, I install windows and I can't even set it up because I get this error:

-Windows XP 'Error Code: 0x80070002' - license-checking?

So I look it up on google, and microsoft along with a few other places say to:

1. Restart your computer in Safe mode by pressing F8 during startup.

2. Use the Registry Editor to delete the following keys:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\Providers

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\Providers

3. Exit the Registry Editor and shutdown / restart your computer.

Still getting the same error!!! :mad:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Done all this?

When you start your computer, you receive:

A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. Error code: 0x80070002.

This problem is caused by changing the system drive letter or by changing the default security provider.

If your system drive letter has changed, undo the actions that caused it, or:
1. Use the Registry Editor to navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\Defaults\Provider.
2. In each Provider key, edit the Image Path value to match the new drive letter.
3. When you are finished, exit the Registry Editor and shutdown / restart your computer.
If the default security provider has changed:
1. Restart your computer in Safe mode by pressing F8 during startup.
2. Use the Registry Editor to delete the following keys:
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\Providers
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\Providers
3. Exit the Registry Editor and shutdown / restart your computer.

Or this?

http://www.foldingathome.org/3/windows-xp-error-code-0x80070002.html

It could most probably be the drive letter change needed, as you did not show that as what you have done... Also, are you using a Dell Installation CD?

Yes, that's exactly the same help I got from Microsoft and it didn't work.
-I'm using a full install windows xp professional disc too....

-I'm not to keen on that PC Doctor on Call either... it doesn't even tell you how much up front, that's bad business, and it just looks like a basic registry editor.

-I could use my Norton System works for that anyway...

-I don't have this PC hooked up to the internet anyway so I'm sure that doesn't help much.

-I've tried reinstalling and I can't even get through the installation process anymore. I'm starting to think I may have a corrupted Installation disk.

-I did a full surface scan of the hard drive and the hard drive is fine, I've reformatted, and I'm using fat 32 partitions. I even tried installing win 98 first and then upgrading and that didn't work....

-Now I really think it's the installation cd because it fails to even copy a number of files.:mad:

-Stupid microsoft!!!!!!

-I'm devoting more time to learning Linux/Unix!!!!!!

Maybe you could get a replacement Windows XP disk if you try to contact Microsoft with your problem? Just a suggestion...

Also, look at the bottom of your Windows XP disk... is it scratched up?

As far as I know, you can copy your XP disk, and you might want to consider it. You can't give the copy away (besides, that is ILLEGAL), but the copy is there so that once you scratch that disk all up to heck, you can shread/melt/french fry the thing and make another copy, so all you destroy is the copies and never the originals...

Just a suggestion... I rarely ever use my XP disk, so thus it isn't scratched...

charmapsyche said:
holy dog poopy!!!
I'd like to know why you decided to sidestep the forum's rules by bypassing the language filter, and starting a thread with a title like that. IMO, your post doesn't even deserve a response...very distasteful, especially in a G rated forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back