• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel P3 s-Spec now lists the 1.133 mhz Tualtin.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Placid

Stepping TA1. 512k cache.
Guess we can expect them soon hopefully :)

Sorry about the mis-spelling in the topic.

Placid (Jun 20, 2001 01:43 a.m.):
Stepping TA1. 512k cache.
Guess we can expect them soon hopefully :)

Just peeked at this and noticed note 16:

16. These parts are intended for server design applications, which will not work on a standard desktop board.

Is this gonna be a low-cache next gen Xeon then? If I remember my reading, server designed processors work differently than "normal" processors. Something to do with poor multi-tasking. Can someone straighten me out here?

More info on the "requirements".
To a certain extent they want you to be aware that it won't work with most current motherboards.
They are supposed to put out a 256k version as well.
Hopefully soon.

Tualatin will not work with existing motherboards due to input/output voltage levels.

see why here.

So, yes you'll need a new motherboard to run Tualatin, but Coppermine-T might. It's meant to kinda bridge the gap between coppermine and Tualatin. It will be a coppermine that will supposedly work in both older coppermine boards and newer Tualatin boards as well. Of course being a coppemine and being based on the same manufacturing process, coppermine-T may not clock much higher than existing coppermines.

Back