• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check My System Out!! (PiCs)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

I wanted to show what I have been doing to my computer.... tell me what you think.... Suggestions for other mods would be great too!

pic1a.jpg

pic2b.jpg

pic3c.jpg

Last edited:
wow you can run ur whole computer from that video card :O, Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks good man :D

i like that duct, pretty original. you should spray paint it with uv paint and add some cathodes. i see you've got the inside carpeted, how is the noise level?

i dont think i've ever seen anyone put a fan over their pci slot covers before either. good job thinking that one up.

the video card looks pretty well heatsinked, but where are the air intake areas on the case? i ask because it looks like the one in the front is used only for that duct.

good job, mod on

yeah quite cool.

but why the hell did you duct your exhaust fans? whats the point of that, the way you build it your restricting more airflow out of the case than anything else.

Are those your RAID 0 drives in the lowest 5.25" bay?
Are they stacked directly ontop of each other with no cooling?:eek:

Actually, it looks like you have them inside some kind of enclosure, any more pics?

;)

Ya, thnx for all the feedback.
Um... the ducts are like what TheGhengisKhan said... With my computer sitting under my desk, the very back of the case is fairly close to the wall and so with the exaust coming out straight at the wall, i was seeing hot air being sucked back into the system. With the ducts pushing the hot air up I no longer have the problem.

My raptor raid is under the cd/dvd drives and yes they arent cooled... cause I cant figure a way of installing fans in that small space.

My only intake for the case is the one in the bottom rear (pci slot). The duct is also an intake but goes straight to the cpu.

My current temps are:

idle mobo: 19-20C
load mobo: 23-25C

idle cpu: 35C
load cpu 39-40C

my old temps:

idle mobo: 25C
load mobo: 30C

idle cpu:40C
load cpu: 46-50C

the raptors are not sitting directly ontop of each other... I made 4 legs and spaced the two drives above each other with some room in between.

Maybe I'll try the uv paint on the duct...

its a bit louder then i would like (nothing unbarable).... its mostly the front fan... i can hear the air being sucked between the front face grill.

ive never used uv paint or cathods before. Which product should I get:
http://www.bigfootcomputers.com/Mer...een=CTGY&Store_Code=Bigfoot&Category_Code=341
and which:
http://www.bigfootcomputers.com/Mer...n=CTGY&Store_Code=Bigfoot&Category_Code=321.1

What do you think I should paint in my case? Should I point the whole duct or just the edges? Does the color of the cathode tube matter or is it just for asthetics? What colour should I paint it with uv paints... should I keep the same colour scheme going... ie blue?

Last edited:
well this is odd: I was playing UT04 online and when I left the game to see my temps they were: load:33C

now idle cpu is 30C..... it just shot down all of a sudden

Vio1 said:
well this is odd: I was playing UT04 online and when I left the game to see my temps they were: load:33C

now idle cpu is 30C..... it just shot down all of a sudden

Possibly because the room temperature dropped? Another psossibility is that the AS5 or whatever you used moved around so it has better connection in there....just thoughts

Can you tell me a little bit of how you made the duct? Did you use super glue to glue the lexan togethor? What kind of design methods did you use (how did you figuire out what angles the different lexan squares needed to go) or did you just cut as you went?

I made the duct out of old cd case covers and used super glue to bond the sides together. I built it just as it went... i had an idea in mind and began building it from the bottom front intake. I wanted to make a duct that would not impead air flow (no severe angles and a consistent interior dimension.

Back