• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Slotket, installing whats with the hooks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exiler

K, I have a Slot 1 Mobo (P2B)

I got a C600 put it in the ASUS S370-L Slotket and then removed my old P2 350 Slot 1 Cpu, now from the picture I attached and circled in green, how does these hooks like thing works?????

I mean, I cannot put the frekin slotket in with these hooks around, so I removed them, and slid the slotket in, it wobbeled because of the, I tried putting back the hooks but I cannot fit the thing in if the hooks are there.

So I just removed the hooks, it wobbeles, but I put a tape to hold it stable. My point is, there is NO instruction anywhere to use these the proper way!!!!!

Btw got the C600 to C900 with 1.8Vc at 100FSB.

Help me out here ppl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "hooks" are the retension mechanism. So, without them, of course the slotket wobbles. I don't know what your problem is. I'm using two of them in my dual rig and they go in just fine if you work at it a little. Once in, they keep the slotket, CPU and H/S fan nice and secure.

But here is the problem.

You see I removed my P2 350 Slot 1 out, and there is the 2 long pieces of something left on both sides of the slot. Now I cannot just put my Slotket in without hitting those 2 long prices on both sides (retension clips), so I had to remove the "hooks" in order to fit, offcourse now there is a gap between the retension clips about 1 cm on each side. I dont frekin know HOW to get the damm retension clip to fit to the bloody thing.
The retension clip dont allow to the slotket thx to the hooks.

Look, I NEVER really was here when the P2 Slot 1 first came out, so my knowledge is at 0.00% . Now I wish there was a picture that showed installing a slotket to a slot 1 so I can SEE exactly how the frekin thing works.

Yeah, its a stupid question, but I always seem to end up in that section when this is the first time I am using a Slotket.

there are 3 different "locks" to hold down the slot 1 chips. That actually looks like a celeron hold down gimmic I've seen a time or 2.

You can find different board mounted brackets at local shops that assemble computers. I know I'd give you one if you dropped by my shop.

They are a newer standard than a lot of boards have, at first I didn't think they would work for my board but I just jammed them in and they hold the slocket it place :D

Back