• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAD Shroud

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Contra

anyone know where i can find a large 120mm fan shroud the largest
i have been able to find is 6x6 i want 6x7
i will keep looking but if you guys know i would really love it thanks

You could probably make one out of sheet metal or something. What kind of heatercore does it need to cover?

You're probably not going to be able to find a commercial shroud to fit that. Cardboard and sheet metal would both work though...just takes a couple cuts and some folding. Not too much work.

You can do one made out pantyhose and fiberglass in any shape you want. Carbon fiber would be cool but expensive.

yeah rofl ill go ask my sister ABHAHAHAH no wait explain i live with a mom and sister(i know eww rofl) and i probly got tons of it,what does it look like and how do i use it?

I made one for a DTek pro core, but I rushed, it looked like crap and I didn't want take the time to sand and all stuff for a little shroud. When I build my sub enclosure for my car, I'll spend a lot more time finishing. Here's a link to get you started, if you want to go that route:

http://www.procooling.com/articles/html/how_to_make_a_composite_air_du.php

You gotta buy fiberglass resin, $10 at Home Depot, I think. If you have a disposable bucket and paintbrush, that'd help too. OH, don't forget to clean the bucket and brush right away with thinner/acetone, or you'll be sorry. =)

you can easily make one out of sheet metal got from Home Depot if you just take a few measurements based on high school geometry... and it'll cost you less than 20 bucks.

here's my shroud I made per #rotor's resin shroud guide.
watercooling%20fan%20rad.jpg

I painted mine black and urethan cleared it. yes it iwas made with said 'pantyhose'...

Nice work VballCoach. Impressive! If I quit being lazy, I might just do one for a caprice heater core I want to use.

AudiMan said:

LOL! Pantyhose??

DSCN4643.sized.jpg

DSCN4653.sized.jpg

DSCN4656.sized.jpg

just to show what can be done with PH. and a little imagination....

here is that shroud in the howto, installed.....
normal_DSCN5492.JPG

normal_DSCN5571.JPG

normal_DSCN5572.JPG

As you can see... the end result can be spectacularly professional in it's appearance and performance...

Back