• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Success Story for the Katmai & Thanks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cdadare

Registered
Re: Seeking Expertise on the PIII 500 (Katmai)

First of all I really want to thank MR. B, f~f { f N.2 (Milkpowder) & THE DOORS & others who helped me with this.

I thought my PIII 500 Katmai was hopeless until I saw the LIGHT! No one talks about Epox mobo's, so I thought I was hopeless there as well. With expertise advise, here's what I accomplished:

Purchased:
1. P3125 Alpha Heat Sink (What a Monster!)
2. Arctic Silver II thermal compound (Great Stuff!)
3. 2 60mm fans
4. 2 80mm fans
5. Full Tower Case (Found one new for $15.00 ! ! !)

I can now achieve speeds up to 675 mhz with no problemo! I know I could go higher, but my Epox is maxed.

PIII 500 Katmai @ 675mhz
Epox P2-133A
PC-100 SDRAM (128 mb)

cdadare, Im glad you succeeded in good overclock out of your CPU. That's great. I'm sure you'll like that heat sink very much! :* have fun overclocking!

Wow 675mhz out of a katmai! that is amazing, don't waste new money on a new board to try and get more though as you may be unpleasantly surprised, I've not heard of such on overclock with less than a peltier what voltage is that with?
I am surprised to see a katmai getting into the realms of a coppermine though.

Very Nice! Only if my P3 450 @ 608 could just get to 650. I needed 2.3v and 3.6vio to get stable @ 608. I hate the stupid L2 cache, makes me need this really high VIO. I am burning it in @ 600mhz 2.3v 3.9VIO. Do you know anyway to get more voltage out of it? I was thinking to do some vid pinning, but i haven't a clue what to do. 135fsb is smoking fast, can't wait for my Celeron II 800! Nice overclock. I bow down in jealousy.

Phil (Jun 25, 2001 03:09 a.m.):
Wow 675mhz out of a katmai! that is amazing, don't waste new money on a new board to try and get more though as you may be unpleasantly surprised, I've not heard of such on overclock with less than a peltier what voltage is that with?
I am surprised to see a katmai getting into the realms of a coppermine though.

I was somewhat upset when I found out that I couldn't manually set my voltage, but when I started to overclock, I noticed in the bios that my mobo did it for me. At 675mhz my voltage is 2.03

cdadare (Jun 26, 2001 01:51 p.m.):
I was somewhat upset when I found out that I couldn't manually set my voltage, but when I started to overclock, I noticed in the bios that my mobo did it for me. At 675mhz my voltage is 2.03

Wait a minute, you're running at 675 MHz at 2.03 V?!?! That's default voltage! (OK, it's not technically default, but the difference between 2.00 and 2.03 should be expected)

Keen (Jun 26, 2001 02:37 p.m.):
cdadare (Jun 26, 2001 01:51 p.m.):

Wait a minute, you're running at 675 MHz at 2.03 V?!?! That's default voltage! (OK, it's not technically default, but the difference between 2.00 and 2.03 should be expected)

That's what my bios reads, could it be wrong?

Back