• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Me Pick A Gaming LCD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Liquid_Cooled

Hi guys, i need your advice. I have about $1500 to spend on a LCD monitor. I play alot FPS games (Halo, UT2003, CS) so i need one that WONT ghost, one with a high response time (16ms or lower). I want something thats at least a 19". i heard about the new BenQ monitors, their suppose to have 12ms, but i dont know if they will offer a 19" version. I run all my games at max detail, so i dont really want a native res of 1600x1200, 1280x1240 would be perfect. I have a 2.4c @ 3.0 and a 5900 ultra 256MM (overclocked). please help me out!!!!! and also, i may be willing to spend up to $2000 so give me your advice please!!!!

if you're willing to spend up to $2000, you may want to take a look into a dell 2001fp monitor. 21" that has 16ms response time, everything i hear is all good about it. Otherwise, i got a 17" sony sdm-x73 and im loving it... As monitors get larger, the natural resolution generally increases, so with 19" i bet many have natural resolutions above 1280x1024, but i may be wrong.

This is the best gaming lcd available. It's the last lcd that I have found that is based on the HyDis panel. Don't let the 20ms response time fool you, it blurs less than any of the 16ms panels. If you need some more info on this panel read the reviews over at tomshardware. It should be available on newegg again on the 4th.

HITACHI CML175SXW2B 17" LCD Monitor w/ Speakers

If 17" is too small you should go for the 2001fp though. (Although that panel is not as good for games)

edit: It also has 8-bit color.

Last edited:
Is that Hitachi the same panel as the Hercules was? IE, 20 ms across the board, not just black to white?

dont waste your time on anything hercules... you'll be lucky to find a dvi model... btw, look for a dvi monitor if your paying that much... most you're looking at will be dvi, but make sure

Actually, the Sony SDM-S73 is a much better monitor than the Hitachi. Its response time is just as fast (16ms) but has a better contrast ratio and brightness. When playing UT2004, there is absolutely *no* ghosting. I own one and couldn't be happier. Before this monitor, I've owned an Eizo and a Samsung 172T. Both were good, but not nearly as good as my new Sony.

Goto Newegg and search for this item. You'll find it has 41 customer reviews almost all 5 out of 5 stars.

Back