• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

making old CPUs usable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DoomProph3t

Registered
hey, anyone here has some info on overclocking the infamous pentium 133 (aka SY022 - i think)?
the board is already at 3x (but i belive this chip is locked on multiplier) and the maximu FSB i can get with that mother board is 66hz !
(the board isnt too old, have even USB support... and is a well finished intel original) .. maybe im looking into the wrong jumpers :)

... im also looking for some info on the Cyrix... i have some of them (586 and/or 486 i belive)... that i plan to use in a render farm... but i cant identify them! and since i dont know wich mother board was for each one... and they are all set to very diferent multipliers, bus and voltages... i dont dare turning on at random

i can upload some photos if anyone want to help me id those old stuff

On that 133 mobo, check to see if the jumpers are right next to the socket. Thats where they are on mine.

Don't expect to get very far unless you have 75 or 83mhz bus speed. I have the same chip except is was sold as a P 120(2X60). It is one of the very first locked Intel chips and it was in a Packard Bell and I could only get it to 133. You can go out and get a P200 for next to nothing if you want because I think you would be maxed out with the P133

no way the 133 is maxed out. the reson intel put a lock on them was the fact that they were being remarked as 166's, with almost 100% success rate
you should get 150 no problem 75x2.

but as stated above, Pentium MMX chips are dirt cheap, you may be able to get a 233 upto 300

I had a 133 remarked as a 166mmx, damn I was pissed when I found out. Always wondered if the store did it, the wholesaler, or the original supplier to this countries wholesalers...

jay (Jun 27, 2001 12:22 a.m.):
no way the 133 is maxed out. the reson intel put a lock on them was the fact that they were being remarked as 166's, with almost 100% success rate
you should get 150 no problem 75x2.

but as stated above, Pentium MMX chips are dirt cheap, you may be able to get a 233 upto 300

I ment it was maxed out with the board he's using. His max is 66mhz FSB. I think I should have stated that clearer. My mistake.

Back