• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium 4 and water...Peltier? and how

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chrisramseyer

Disabled
I have a P4 on the way, it is a 1.5. I have a 152 watt peltier and a 178 watt one here. I am only going to use one of them but I am trying to find out hot on the Abit TH7 it keeps the heatsink down. I am hoping that it will have holes somewhere on it so I can make something easy.

Chrisramseyer (Jun 27, 2001 06:35 p.m.):
I have a P4 on the way, it is a 1.5. I have a 152 watt peltier and a 178 watt one here. I am only going to use one of them but I am trying to find out hot on the Abit TH7 it keeps the heatsink down. I am hoping that it will have holes somewhere on it so I can make something easy.

From the image below I'd guess you'd have to remove the clips next to the socket:

[img="[URL]http://www.ocworkbench.com/hardware/abit/th7raid/Image009_copy.JPG[/URL]"]

You won't need a peltier to cool the 1.5 p4, I have 1, and run it at 1800 at 1.75v with no prob whatsoever/ the limiting factor for the oc is the ram, I run my pc800 at 4x, at 120fsb,or 480.... or in other terms/960... I can get it to 488, but thats it at 4x, and I didn't pay for this ram to run it slow...

Big Lar (Jun 28, 2001 09:46 p.m.):
You won't need a peltier to cool the 1.5 p4, I have 1, and run it at 1800 at 1.75v with no prob whatsoever/ the limiting factor for the oc is the ram, I run my pc800 at 4x, at 120fsb,or 480.... or in other terms/960... I can get it to 488, but thats it at 4x, and I didn't pay for this ram to run it slow...

What make mob do you have? I have an Asus PT4 good board bad OC'er.

burn'em, I have the asus P4T as well, I am running the latest bios on the board, that fixed a few probs that there were, Nice simple OC'n board.:)

I really would wait and get an 845 board or P4X266 board - they really do kick butt par comparison.

RDRAM - schmam.

When you consider DDR will go real far in overclocking situations (I have 184Mhz FSB) you gotta realise that right now is just not the time to buy P4.

Back