• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can a Vantec Iceberq4 cool a 9800xt ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeXenViRii

Looks pretty dam small , can it ?
svcompucycle_1783_54116385

I bought 1 and when I got it I said no way in hell Am I putting that small *** thing on my card.Hell the old Chrome Orb is almost 2 times bigger and has the same rpm fan.I wouldnt use the chrome orb either on my gpu but I dont understand why everyone thinks this thing is so way cool when its not.
It would be good for a NB cooler tho or maybe a GF3.The only good thing that came from buying the iceberg is that I used the chip set coolers that came with it to put on the back of my gpu against the pcb board.
Shark

Theres nothing better then using a good amd or p4 sink on the gpu and some good copper ram sinks like the BGMs.Heres what I did to mine-->
Heres my Sapphire 9800XT with a 3/4 inch think base of copper and aluminum rods used for AMDs (swifttech) but not today.Tapped the holes and used screws and springs for tension as you can see with nylon washers.
Used AS5 on the gpu and memory but on the memory I put a dab of artic silver on the corners to hold them on.

Used artic Alumina to mount the NB cooler on the back of the gpu.
Shark

TopView9800XT.jpg

Sapphire9800XT%20Modded.jpg

BetterShotOfTheBack9800XT.jpg

SideView9800XT.jpg

Back