• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron 800 is amazing!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mackan

Hello, I'm new here. :) Thought I could share some info with u guys. I bought an asus cus2l-c mobo and a celeron 800 a couple of days ago. I immedietly tried to overclock this celeron to 1066 MHz using the 133 MHz front side bus. And guess what, it worked! It's rockstable in win2k, and in games, and this is at defaultvoltage 1.7V! I use an alpha FC-Pal350 heatzink(an average heatzink I guess), and the temps are 30C in win2k, and goes to 39 when playing intense games. Right now it's very hot in my room, around 28C, but i expect the systemtemps and cpu-temps to lower 1-2 degrees when weather is getting colder here in sweden. My room is like a sauna right now.. *phew* :)

I use 384 Megs Mosel Vitelic pc133 ram. So my advice is, get the celeron 800(very cheap) and have some overclocking fun! :) This one screams in games and win2k. :)

Nice to hear that you are happy with your CPU.

Average overclocked speed for a Celeron2 800MHz is 1075 Mhz though, according to the CPU database.

What cooling are you using?

I guessed already she's really amazing in combination with a new mobo like your CUS-L2c. I can't get her stable at 133Mhz at all, and need 1.9 volts to be stable at my current phreak.

Seems like my celeron is able to run stable at 143 MHz fsb if I set ram at cas3. And this is at defaultvoltage. My memory cannot handle more than 143 Mhz since it's 7 ns, I think. I use one extra chassifan in the front, but I don't know if it matters. Systemtemps are the almost same with/without it.

I could use the other sdram-pci-divider, and start running sdram from 100 Mhz, but how do I handle the pci-devices then? If say I use 150 Mhz fsb, then my ram is at 117 Mhz, but the pci-freq is getting way to high. So I don't understand how people can use such high fsb's. 37 MHz is possible for pci-freq, but higher than that must be suicide for my harddrive.

I would really like to try out how high I can take this celeron, but the pci-freq stops me.
Any advice, anyone?

143 FSB at default vcore?!?!?!?!?

I'd say that was an amazing chip!! That puts you above the "thoeretic" 1.13GHz ceiling of the Coppermine core. That's truly a one in a million chip, there!

Mr B

That is a very nice chip. I must say that almost all Celeron II 800's do that. They are just great chips. But, i must also say that a switch to AMD really showed me how fast computers can be. Now just to get my 256mb DDR ram, and i will be flying when my 1ghz AXIA gets here @ 1.6ghz+.

That is a very nice chip. I must say that almost all Celeron II 800's do that. They are just great chips. But, i must also say that a switch to AMD really showed me how fast computers can be. Now just to get my 256mb DDR ram, and i will be flying when my 1ghz AXIA gets here @ 1.6ghz+.

Back