dose anyone know where i can get a Hz - uF graph?

dose anyone know where i can get a Hz - uF graph?
    if such a thing exist, the problem is i know the appox crossover frequencys i want but i dont know the correct copastors to use.

thanks for the help

Get an oscilloscope. You might be able to find a decent used one. They are rather expensive, but almost infinitely useful and often necessary for work on electronics. Any good shop should have one ...
    I have to return some video tapes.

HeatWare

that isnt exactly the best idea, is it? lol fancy telling him to blow money on a multi-thousand $$$ oscilloscope

Get yourself some freeware cross-over design software. that'll tell you everything you need to know.

http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?pageid=winisd

WinISD. It's free, and apparently it will sort out cross-overs for you aswell.

EDIT: yes, it does
    Last edited by james.miller; 03-05-04 at 10:57 AM.
    The HTPC

E2160 @ 2.7ghz | Thermaltake The Orb cooler | Asus p5w-dh | 4Gb DDR-II pc6400| 1.00Tb of WD AAKS storage | Asus Xonar D2| 360 HD-DVD drive
    Pioneer bd204 bluray sata drive | Corsair HX620w PSU | BFG GeForce 8800GTX | Silverstone SST-LC17b
    | 22" dell e228wfp | 40" 1080p SONY 40w2000

ONKYO TX-SR805 | bi-amped mission m71i fronts | eltax center & bipolar rears
    2x 12" custom built subwoofers powered by a denon pma-100m | PS3 with linux and a 250gb 3.5" internal drive | Nintendo wii

It is exactly the best idea.
    threadcraping is my spceicalty

HeatWare

no it isnt

multi thousand $$ scope, or free software that does the work for you.

Yeah, great idea there mate.
    The HTPC

E2160 @ 2.7ghz | Thermaltake The Orb cooler | Asus p5w-dh | 4Gb DDR-II pc6400| 1.00Tb of WD AAKS storage | Asus Xonar D2| 360 HD-DVD drive
    Pioneer bd204 bluray sata drive | Corsair HX620w PSU | BFG GeForce 8800GTX | Silverstone SST-LC17b
    | 22" dell e228wfp | 40" 1080p SONY 40w2000

ONKYO TX-SR805 | bi-amped mission m71i fronts | eltax center & bipolar rears
    2x 12" custom built subwoofers powered by a denon pma-100m | PS3 with linux and a 250gb 3.5" internal drive | Nintendo wii

OK, OK. I don't want to make enemies, although I would like to see England in the springtime.

I think I intrepreted the meaning of the word "graph" differently than intended: as a detection mechanism, instead of a chart.

Yeah, the 'scope won't help him in this situation (not a sarcastic "yeah"). Still, they're pert-snazzy to have around. In this case it would only confirm what's printed on the caps: no use at all.

--excuse my emotions, please

HeatWare

thanks fo the help, although i found a website that has a calcular to work out the stuff i need,
    and yer i prolly *need* an oscilloscope but what i need and what i can/ chose to aford are two different things

Powder Junkie Moderator

10 Year Badge
    SETI Profile Heatware Profile
    /me breaks out Eng-100 Circuits notebook, rummages through notes.

omega = 1 / R * C.
    R = impedance of speakers, C = capacitance in F.

omega = 2 * pi * F ==> F = omega / (2 * pi)

F is your cutoff frequency.

WinISD is so much fun to play with, esp. toying with Stryke AV12/15 Mk.2s....Tumults.....PRs....sealed boxes...
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

Serious Gamers Halo Custom Edition
    Green Leaves!