• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dose anyone know where i can get a Hz - uF graph?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adrian nelson

dose anyone know where i can get a Hz - uF graph?
if such a thing exist, the problem is i know the appox crossover frequencys i want but i dont know the correct copastors to use.

thanks for the help

Get an oscilloscope. You might be able to find a decent used one. They are rather expensive, but almost infinitely useful and often necessary for work on electronics. Any good shop should have one ...

OK, OK. I don't want to make enemies, although I would like to see England in the springtime.

I think I intrepreted the meaning of the word "graph" differently than intended: as a detection mechanism, instead of a chart.

Yeah, the 'scope won't help him in this situation (not a sarcastic "yeah"). Still, they're pert-snazzy to have around. In this case it would only confirm what's printed on the caps: no use at all.

--excuse my emotions, please

thanks fo the help, although i found a website that has a calcular to work out the stuff i need,
and yer i prolly *need* an oscilloscope but what i need and what i can/ chose to aford are two different things

/me breaks out Eng-100 Circuits notebook, rummages through notes.

omega = 1 / R * C.
R = impedance of speakers, C = capacitance in F.

omega = 2 * pi * F ==> F = omega / (2 * pi)

F is your cutoff frequency.

WinISD is so much fun to play with, esp. toying with Stryke AV12/15 Mk.2s....Tumults.....PRs....sealed boxes...

Back