10 Year Badge

Case mod help (SFF)

The one I want to mod is in my sig, after installing my Audigy 2 ZS yesterday, I got a horrible reminder on how bad my wiring is. Airflow is nonexsistent but strangely I dont incur any perfomance problems. But I know there is room for improvement.
    Side W/ VId card
    View from the top
    Side opposite video card
    As you can see I dont have a lot of room to play with here. But I would like to install a few case fans but wouldnt know where the ideal placement would be, help would be appriciated
    Last edited by Albaholic; 03-02-04 at 02:53 AM.

sleeve the wires!!!! and maybe put a fan in the top and side....dunno if they fit.....don't have a shuttle like that....there used to be a thread on a shuttle someone modded.....you might want to check that out....

EDIT: found out who it was that had the modded SFF....its nero

heres a pic of his http://www.publicconcept.com/images/...s/sff_case.jpg
    Last edited by suicidalmole; 03-02-04 at 01:38 PM.

10 Year Badge
    Alright, thanks man, thats what i was thinking, i want to sleeve the wires i have in there and possibly shorten some of them.
    I also would like to lengthen cablesLike this one and the headers for my front usb ports, these cables are to short for me to route to where they do not impede airflow or look ugly. Any advice on how to do this?
    Where is a good place to get sleeving or sleeving kits?

I got sleeving at svc when it was on sale, it was a great price, maybe they still have it

www.svc.com

SVC has great reliability, and many people use them from this forum. They also have some of the best selection and lowest prices on the web. Happy modding, and happy sleeving!

10 Year Badge
    thanks, any reccomendations regarding fan placement besides the top i was thinking about installing one opposite the vid card
    one on the top
    and one facing the 9800. Will that work or cause airflow problems?

Well...with the amount of airflow you are given there, it probably won't cool very much or give too much airflow, so...I seriosly doubt you will get any big airflow problems. I would personally just put one on the top, but the side one may help more than I think.

it would depend on which way you are having these fans blow.....im gonna assume the one on top would blow out.....but i think if you had two fans opposite of each other on the sides it should get some cooler air into the case