• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case mod help (SFF)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albaholic

The one I want to mod is in my sig, after installing my Audigy 2 ZS yesterday, I got a horrible reminder on how bad my wiring is. Airflow is nonexsistent but strangely I dont incur any perfomance problems. But I know there is room for improvement.
Side W/ VId card
View from the top
Side opposite video card
As you can see I dont have a lot of room to play with here. But I would like to install a few case fans but wouldnt know where the ideal placement would be, help would be appriciated

Last edited:
Alright, thanks man, thats what i was thinking, i want to sleeve the wires i have in there and possibly shorten some of them.
I also would like to lengthen cablesLike this one and the headers for my front usb ports, these cables are to short for me to route to where they do not impede airflow or look ugly. Any advice on how to do this?
Where is a good place to get sleeving or sleeving kits?

I got sleeving at svc when it was on sale, it was a great price, maybe they still have it

www.svc.com

SVC has great reliability, and many people use them from this forum. They also have some of the best selection and lowest prices on the web. Happy modding, and happy sleeving!

thanks, any reccomendations regarding fan placement besides the top i was thinking about installing one opposite the vid card
one on the top
and one facing the 9800. Will that work or cause airflow problems?

Well...with the amount of airflow you are given there, it probably won't cool very much or give too much airflow, so...I seriosly doubt you will get any big airflow problems. I would personally just put one on the top, but the side one may help more than I think.

it would depend on which way you are having these fans blow.....im gonna assume the one on top would blow out.....but i think if you had two fans opposite of each other on the sides it should get some cooler air into the case

Back