• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

phantom playble soon?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It could be real. From what I'm reading, you pay monthly to be able to dl games and play them. It requires broadband just like xbox live. Now as for it being a good idea, I don't know. But it's still kinda cool.

Its kind of unfesaible ATM it just doesnt seem profitable then add in the companies CEO and you've got BS a La Mode.

well, im glad im not banking on the system, but im always happy to see how a new system will run. not that i will buy one... ever. but ill drool over the sweet new graphics. ( if the system is ever built with anything besides 3d studio max :) )

I think the Phantom is the worst idea of all time, simply because all it is a computer that the cable company sells to you....

i just dont see it being a good investment of your money. say you DO buy the console, and you buy maybe one game to start off.

then the company goes under.

the servers go down

and that means no more games for you.

even for old consoles now, like nintendo 64 and snes, you can still buy games. when the phantom goes down you wont be able to buy anymore games. why not just buy a pc? you can download games for that too, and do other stuff on it too, and still have a cd drive.

i'm saving my money for better things

captain_sHiFTy said:
why not just buy a pc?

Usually comes down to cost, cost, cost.

And consols also take up less space.

Other then those reasons, I think computers are much better for anything in general

This console seems to revolve around the internet too much...people are gunna be ****ed off when **** like the service going down, and broken downloads and such happen...i just dont see this plan working well.

Nothing will ever replace the durability, upgradability, adaptability, reliability, availability (anymore -ity words? :eek:) of the PC for gaming. Even if the Phantom does exist its just another gimick driven product that a few people will fall for and regret a few months later :rolleyes: N-gage anyone?

Custom OS on Windows XPe kernel.(from Standard Equipment
list).
need internet to download games.
+ heard nothing said about antivirus program(s).

Back