• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P3 667@only 750 want 800 need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

F0

Registered
Well it boot start Win play litle 3Mark2001 and the picture freez at 800 1.9Vcore 3.7Vio, well could it be the videocard?It is GeForce2 MX from MSI -MS - StarForce 817? Or ram? What the ****? Need more Vcore? mobo abit bx133raid

lets get a system rundown on this. List all your hardware you have in there plus the heatsink and fan you have on the cpu. That will help us out!

Huh, I'd better start type.
I also have SB Live! Value, Initio INI-9100UW PCI SCSI Controller for my CD-R, UMAX UDS-IS11 SCSI Card on the ISA slot that is for my old scaner, And GeForce2 MX from MSI -MS - StarForce 817.
And about the cooling, it's for Duron and now the temp is 45C @750, I can hold it at 45C @800 1.9Vcore 3.7VIO (at 3.6 just loose picture on 3DMark2001) with a big fan that blows in.

no it's not overclocked, but I'm thinking of downclock it, Memmory Clock 166, Core Clock 175. Could it help if I make 100 Core&Memmory? I've no idea but I think the GeForce is the problem.

What motherboard are you using ?

I'm having a similar problem with a celly600 (only gets to 750), but our systems seem to have nothing in common.

I guess those temps are unusually high though. I can hold my celly at around 35C with 24C ambient temp and 1.9V.
I'm using a little generic POS heatsink, with a sleeve bearing fan(about 6CFM I guess). If this setup can hold these temps, yours should too.

But I'm sure (at least in my case) that the temps are not the problem. Maybe it's a motherboard or slocket issue.

Btw, I'm using a Soyo SY6VBA-133 with a generic slocket.

I don't think that underclocking your vidcard will help.
It would help if you reduce the AGP bus speed. Try setting it to 1x with no sidebanding.

In my case that didn't help at all.

The temps are a bit high, even if they're for full load (if those are idle temps then you either need better cooling or have a very poor chip).

I doubt it's your chip.

Now I have some problem with the driver of my RAID controler @160 fsb, I'll download the new version and try again. my motherboard is ABIT - bx133 RAID . and the AGP bus is at 1x. well it's stable at that temps so it should be and @160fsb, and that are temps at full load.

I just give up, it's not going above 150fsb. At least it's rock stable, it seem that working at 1.80Vcore, is giving it's results - Now 750@150 it need just 1.65Vcore it's default, just 3.60Vio and more cold :). Maybe when I remove these 2SCSI controlers it would go to that 800@160.

Back