• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Volt Modding AI7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ergnas

Registered
Anyone here know how to voltmod an AI7 to have a stock 2.8v vDimm, rather than 2.5v?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Why on earth would you need 3.5 volts on dimm? 3.3 is the max I'll put into my BH-5 chips, thank you.

Anyway, do a search either here, or over at xtreme(place) if you know where I mean

No...I didn't quite mean that...I mean something that would make my voltage like 2.8v default...i guess I'm not quite looking for a volt mod.....but is ther anything like that....my Mushkins won't boot at 2.5v.

try booting with one stick installed first and change the voltage to 2.8. save BIOS setting. shut down. install other stick and you should be good to go.

I know that's what I had to do before...but I don't have an extra stick of RAM to do that...I had to borrow a friend's before....and he is getting ticked at me.....if anyone could sell me a stik of ram....at least 128Mb of PC2100....I would appreciate it. LOL!

I tried everything...insert key, F1, Both....nothing works...the 2.5v is just too low.....

Probally have to hack the BIOS to set 2.8v as default.

I think setting 2.5v as default was a big mistake. 2.6v would have been much better.

Yeah....I already asked a lot of people if they could mod the BIOS, but no one could....none of the modding tools would open the BIOS.

Just make sure you've fully cleared the CMOS, discharging the PSU and setting the jumper for a long time. Even without any ram inserted you should be able to see the Abit logo. if you hold the insert during that boot you should be able to get into the bios.

What do yo mean discharging te PSU? So you are saying if I clear the CMOS (which I did before), and I clear it for .....how long.... and I press insert while booting...it should boot fine?

I solved that problem by holding F1 and hitting the del key repeatedly after turning on the machine.

Discharging means uplugging the power cord in back and hitting the power button on your case (a few times if you'd like). Then reset the jumper for a while and hold insert while you power on. If your pounding your delete key, you should be able to get into the bios.

Gotcha, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Try what all these guys have said, the trick worked for me.

Alright...thanks everyone....

Also what are your voltages for that FSB? And your RAM?

Back