• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing chance of a P/// 650 Slot1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Doors

Vesuvius Senior Ocer
Hi Guys,
what you think about possible OC of this Cpu?
Fsb from 100 to 133 obtaining 865Mhz on a Asus P2B?
I need also of a good cooler, I'm thinking to Alpha P3125, I know it's the best but cost too much, can you suggest me other way's?

Thanks for your support

I got this out of the CPU database:

P3-650: Average overclocked speed - 885 Mhz

I'd say your chances are good, especially if you get a good cooler, and some Arctic Silver Thermal grease.

Well, first off, let me put a disclaimer in... =)

I cannot guarrantee you'll get this kind of result!! DO NOT expect this!! LOL (I got a GOOD one/lucky. ??? ) Mine is a ;

P/// 600E (100MHz), slot 1 cB0 stepping, SL44Y, "1015" (Phillipines, made 15th week of 2000)

1.95v, Asus P3C2000 motherboard. 159 FSB, or 954 MHz cpu speed.

On my Soyo 6BA+III, I could only bump the vcore to 1.81v, and that only got me to just over 800 MHz (just over 133 FSB).

This is using an Alpha P3125 hsf, with two YS Tech 27 cfm fans on it. My load temps never hit 40c.

For yours, with the 6.5x multi, 133 = 865 MHz. If by chance... 159 = 1033 MHz (1.03 GHz)

I'd bet most likely, you'll land somewhere in between. Depends on what your motherboard allows you for vcore adjustments, and how good your cooling, both cpu and case is.

You won't really know until you try (unless you buy a "pre-tested" chip, but where's the fun in that? ??? )

Mr B

Thanks for your info Allan & MrB,
I supposed that it works @133Mhz Fsb after a look into the Cpu DataBase but the prob is about the old P2B (I can get a "newer" P2B-F) and what can give to the Cpu.
About the cooling section, well, I've founded a Cooler Master and now I don't know more, I'll got it today.

Back