• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New CPU!heat?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Camacho111

I just installed a 2500 barton on a A7n8X-E D with a aftermarket heat sink/fan/copper base and a dab of artic 5. I've haven't tasked the CPU much, cause awaiting for a floppy. Anyway, Is it normal for the CPU to run at 40-45'c at the core. The fan at full speed max2500 RPM. Is their a breaking in period for the compound to sink in? The case temp is around 70-72'F.

Before proceed to install software and stuff I wanna make sure hardware is good to go for this new rig.

Searched other threads and details were different from mine so I hope this is not a repeated question.

yes there is a 200 hour "break in" time.... and is 40C load or idle? what heatsink/fan is it?

stan03 said:
yes there is a 200 hour "break in" time.... and is 40C load or idle? what heatsink/fan is it?
The unit is a TR2T4002D and is a off brand of thermtake with a 80mmfan/copper base.

Temp is 44C with just setting in the bios. Thats idle right?

Camacho111 said:
Temp is 44C with just setting in the bios. Thats idle right?
Hi Camacho111,
generally the Bios temp is referred @full load, or really close to it, even if in Winzoz I've got always an higher temp of just 2-3 degree C.

Adriano

That temp wont hurt anything but it is kinda on the high side of where it should be. Sounds like you need better air flow in the case or that HS is a piece of crap. My 2500 runs at 33°C at a case temp of 24°C with a SP97 and a TT 92mm fan. The break in for the AS will only lower the temp by a couple degrees.

It doesn't seems to be bad at all for a standard use, even if not good for the OC thing.
To improve the cooling performance you can start removing the thermal pad on the bottom of the HeatSink, and use a very thin layer of good thermal paste.

Adriano

yeah, but it should be ok,,, if it runs for a bit then freezes use a temp prog to see when it does and thats ur max heat..

Thanks guys! real good info here.

I got that nforcer site saved! I'll post after some tests.

Back