• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a little help..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rezo

Registered
about a week ago i started *experimenting* with my celeron 300A... i got it running stable @ 450mhz (4.5x100), but when trying to up it a bit more, it became unstable. it wouldnt boot up so i tried restarting and it still didnt boot up... i turned off the power supply and waited a bit, then tried again and it still didnt reset to the normal clock speed. i ended up taking my whole computer apart and putting it back together, and then it turned on fine back @ 300mhz... this took a pretty long time, and i am wondering if there is any easier or faster way of resetting the bios to the original cpu clock settings when it wont start up... thx

-rezo

Unless your jumping to a 133mhz FSB then you shouldn't not be able to boot up.

Increase your FSB a little at a time, till you can't load windows or its unstable.

Finding the jumper for clearing CMOS can be found in your motherboard manual...if not, as stated above, pull the battery out...I think you have to have it out for a while tho. :)

Back