• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Meh Werk Log (First WC Rig)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
huh?
All the pictures show the pump (which outputs on top) pumping through the rad, then into the center inlet on the spiral. I've got it set up like its supposed to be.

its much easier to just heat and stretch the tubing to fit the stock barbs then it is to replace the barbs. I have heard a few stories about the new barbs leaking. Just boil some water heat up the end of the tube and stretch it over the barb. through a hose clamp on and it won't come off.

the replacement barbs for the via can be bought any hardware store. juss look for a 1/2npt male thread i think. The part where you screw in to the pump should be 1/2.

now dont take this as gospel, but it was my understanding that teflon was actually meant to ease threading and elimate cross threading. its not really a sealant... infact, in air compressor fittings Ive done, if you unscrew something, Ill find the teflon was cut and the threads were butting up to each other for a tighter seal.

the downside to most of the real adhesives, they can and are supposed to actually melt the plastic together a little bit to form a VERY strong bond. this means your pretty much SOL if you ever want to take them apart.

that is absolutely my understanding of epoxy.

I got the replacement barbs for my via at home depot. they were the 1/2" thread to 1/2" barb model. perfect fit.

No, teflon tape is definitely a sealant. Sure, the threads cut the tape, but that just makes it squeeze into the empty spaces more and plug them up.

i accomplished nothing productive today. well, that's not entirely true, i cleaned my room. No school tomorow so i'm setting up a bank acount with 500odd dollars and getting my linux server runing and making some more headway into the rig. I need to cut a 120mm blowhole at the top for the rad, has anyone used a sabersaw to accomplish said task?

ok. today i played around. cutting the case tomorow at a friends house, he wanted to help.

planned-setup.jpg

planned setup at this point. I may have a bayres in the top slightly higher then the rad. Anybody see problems?

Heh wouldn't the loop drop the flow rate abit, and wouldn't that be bad. I know its not much but im the type that wants to get the most out of what i got. Unless a loop is good :confused: hehe

why don't u have it going to the waterblock first, less tubing, better flow.
plus with a via, heat from the pump is neglegible.

The problem has to do with generic homedepot vinyl tubing. KINKARONI!

I will try rerouting stuffs to shorten some of the tubes. Unless someone wants to donate some clearflex or masterkleer or ANYTHING but vinyl.

In short, my friend had horrible dust, so i cleaned it up

dust-to-the-max1.jpg

We cut hole and mounted rad. (shoddy cutting has forced me to change filters to one that is more covering of ugly hole)

holes1.jpg

finished-hole.jpg

made a res cause i'm fed up with working with the tee

res.jpg

And which is which on my Via 1300?

wires.jpg

sorry i was so curt, i typed it once and clicked the x accidentally
so if anyone has questions, i will gladly fill them in.

well, i wired up my pump to the psu, black (hot) after the switch, so when i flip the switch on the psu the pump turns off. I took apart the pump and reseated the shaft and it starts up fine now.

The res works fine, but I need to let the goop cure. we shall see on the morrow.

Well, in summary, I played around a good bit, but after my hose popped of the output on my pump and spewed water all over everything, i'm quite done with playing with water in my main pc.

I have another case which was a server case about 6 years ago.
Its huge, monolithic even. Completely black. Just OOZES modding. And I've got essentialy an entire other computer that is currently not assembled.

Here's the last picture in this case.
pic-01.jpg

Back