• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 17" LCD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noob_123

I have an ATI 9800 pro AIW, and want an lcd that will be good for watching tv/movies and good for harcore gaming. According to lots of sites the NEC MultiSync LCD1765 is one of the best out there. It has a 400:1 contrast ratio and 16ms response time. The SONY SDM-HS73/H 17" (500:1, 20ms) and Sony SDM-S73 17 (500:1, 16ms) and the BenQ FP767 v2 (500:1, 16ms) have also cought my attention. Which of these would you say are the best, and why...also if not these, do you recommend any others?

thanks

Last edited:
The viewsonic looks nice, but since i can get all the monitors i posted above from around 400-450, i dont wanna spend an extra hundred more on the viewsonic.

You might want to look into a HITACHI CML175SXW2B
as well. It uses the HyDis panel that the hercules had in toms review, and costs 412 @newegg. Pretty much read the review and decide on if you like the Viewsonic or hercules from the review, and then get a corresponding panel.

The Hitachi only has a Response Time: 20 ms and a Contrast Ratio of 430:1; doesnt seem to be better than what i listed..

Did you read Toms article? Anyway, it basically explains how 16ms is more of a ballpark estimate of response time. The 20ms panel is more accurate for all colors, but the 16ms ones are really fast on white-black changes and vary on different colors. So, it depends on what you believe is your best bet, but 20ms does not necessarily mean worse.

Back