10 Year Badge

Reseat Heatsink?

By this you mean take off the heatsink, clean CPU, clean heatsink, reapply thermal goo, put HsF back on. Or does it mean take the HSF off and just stick it back on with the same stuff on there and no cleaning? Just need a quick explanation
    Abit IC7|Pres-hot P4 3.0 @ 3600 MHZ 240 fsb 1.395v | xoxide x-factor midtower 2gb OCZ Platinum Series PC-3200 2.8v |
    nvidia geforce ti4400 overclocked to hell |Sound Blaster Audigy |Modded Antec Truepower 430w |
    Seagate 120 GB HD

Whenever i reseat, i apply new compound, that's just me though.
    DFI SLI-DR | Opteron 170 | 2x512 G.Skill LE | x1900XTX | 2x250GB T7K250 RAID 0 | PCP&C 510 SLI | X-Fi | Dell 2007FPW
    Laptop | Dell E1405 | Core Duo 2 Merom T7200 | 2GB DDR2 | Intel 950GM | 120GB HD | 14.1 in. WXGA+ Truelife | XP Pro

Heatware

yes,remove clean and re-apply tim and re-mount

and don't use "goo" get some artic silver5.

10 Year Badge
    Lol i know its not goo and i already have AS5 i just was in a hurry and felt like doin some shorthand, in this case goo was it! Thanks for the help
    Abit IC7|Pres-hot P4 3.0 @ 3600 MHZ 240 fsb 1.395v | xoxide x-factor midtower 2gb OCZ Platinum Series PC-3200 2.8v |
    nvidia geforce ti4400 overclocked to hell |Sound Blaster Audigy |Modded Antec Truepower 430w |
    Seagate 120 GB HD

Senior Django-loving Member Captain Newbie's Avatar
    Right seat with a bored "don't kill me" expression
    You must absolutely replace the TIM and clean the processor and heatsink each time the processor core and heatsink contact are separated. The reason for this is because the T.I.M. fills up microscopic grooves in both heatsink and CPU, and removing the contact disturbs all the little particles.

Somewhat straight from Arctic Silver Inc.
    B.S. Computer Science, B.A. Political Science | Commercial Pilot Airplane Single and Multiengine Land, Instrument Airplane
    "And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
    The high untresspassed sanctity of space
    Put out my hand, and touched the face of God."

Strong * Focused * Safe
    Apple Mac Pro 4,1, Two Nehalem Xeons 2.26GHzx4 (Hyperthreaded), 12 GB DDR3 FBDRAM | MacBook Pro 15" (2009)