• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ink Removal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

Is it at all possible to remove ink from plastic? I mean like if it were written on with a marker and has been for awhile. Like on an n64 cartridge. Is there a chemical out there thats cheap and practical?
Thanks.

Yes you can buy ink removers, one trick i learnt was that if the original Ink was pernament then write over it with non pernamant ink and wipe it off before it dries.... It worked on a marker board at work where someone had used a permenant pen on it.... got it off 2 years after it was written on.

I think there are some things to remove it ...try whitespirit or cleaning achohol

Is graphitti Remover something Home Depot would have? Can you buy just a little bit?

Yeah, I should of asked, what are some chemicals used in these types of removers that I should look out for?

Alcohol on a q-tip swab should work just fine.
Do not use anything that has acetone in it (like nail polish remover), it will "melt" plastic.
Methyl Ethyl Keytone will also eat plastics. It's the primary ingredient in pvc primers and cements.

Just stick to alcohol and rub it a bit. It'll come off without too much hassle.

How about removing a sticker from a label? What is the best way to get that off wihtout causing too much harm to the label itself? I heard lighter fluid could do it, but how much would that damage the label itelf?
Thanks.

Ok, I will try that. Now what a bout removing a sticker from the label?

Back