• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can anyone help me change voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JJ Dog

Registered
I have a SOYO 7IWM/L v1.0 mobo and a celeron out of an emachine and i need help changing the voltage.
ANy suggestions would be much appreciated

Try to get into your BIOS somehow. If you can't or your your motherboard won't allow it and if it is a Slot 1 processor, try this. It's a bit overkill, but that's the only other way that I know of

Hi JJ Dog,
Placid say's right, it's the only way you have.
I did it on my C2 600 for 1.65v, coz my Mobo don't given it more that 1.75v, not enough for 900Mhz.
It's dangerous coz if the cable around the three pin, touch the others, the Cpu die! but with patience you and everyone can do it.

You can take a look also to http://www.hardocp.com/articles/intel_stuff/bumpvoltage.html

If you need of other info about, don't esitate to contact me, your welcome :)

Okk mine is cB0 or whatever so the next ting i could go for is 2.03vcore and i did so, but no luck plus i am heating up to 66.5 c so i had to redo , i still cant get above 83fsb with 2.03 volts,think it could be the heat (duh) thjats what im guessing but any more words of wisdom would be nice

Thats hot. If your using the stock cpu cooler you should either wait until you get something better or just run it with what you can get.
With the price of cpu's you might want to consider getting a faster one vs spending the money on cooling.

true, although money's tight, just a 15 yr old kid with a silly overclockin dream talkin here, oh well I hopefully will be able to save and get a new cpu and a new mobo

Well you can buy a decent heatsink and fan for under $30 maybe even closer to $20 but that is no guarantee the cpu will run at 100mhz.
When you said it wouldnt go higher than 83fsb what fsb did you try 100?
Reason I ask is the pci bus gets too far out of spec if its at 1/2 divider over 83 and even at 83 thats pretty far.
A 1/3 divider setting at 100fsb is alot better than trying for the 90's with 1/2.

I've the same revision of C2 600, cb0, and it works "generally" @100Mhz of Fsb with a Vcore of 1.8/1.9v, so you can connect Vid3 to Vss for 1.9v.
Every voltage in the range 1.7/1.85v are unusable without cutting pin Vid2 off, Never Suggested! if wanted better to replace Mobo.
Remember that you need to replace the Cpu cooler, coz all temps over 50C are considered absolutly high, and make the system instable!

Back