• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with GBA ASAP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

Ok, Nintendo wants like $60-65 w/ shipping to repair the lcd on my GBA SP. I don't think so. basically, the inside LCD shattered. I was just wondering, does the regular GBA have the same LCD inside? I would imagine it does. I can get a GBA for $25 and do it myself. Also, on the SP, does anyone have alink to how to open it? Isnt there some sort of pen trick to open it? How about getting inside the actual LCD itself?
Thanks.

the pen trick: *something like* take a cheap pen and take the inside out *must be plastic* put it over a lighter or your stove untill the plastic bottom gets soft, before it hardens jam it on the screw and wait a minute or two then try to unscrew it with the pen. Might not work with every pen but thet are almost under .01 each so not to big of a deal :D

thats what i thought, but the holes in the bottom of the gba SP are pretty small and I would think it would get stuck on the sides of it...

good point, when I heard it it was in regards to the gamecube. So I dont know what to tell you about those small ones...sorry

Well, I plan on getting the after Burner Kit, so i will probably just get the screw driver with it. Oh yes, the broken GBA sp will be put to good use. Lets just say PSone LCD's plus making GBA work on tvs= a good time. Now to sav eup more cash lol.

TheFrag said:
Well, I plan on getting the after Burner Kit, so i will probably just get the screw driver with it. Oh yes, the broken GBA sp will be put to good use. Lets just say PSone LCD's plus making GBA work on tvs= a good time. Now to sav eup more cash lol.
Hay Frag, do you have a link to the TV mod you plan on doing or any info on it. I think I would enjoy that as well ;)

yeah, Ill PM the info. Dont know if the guy that gave the info to me wants it all over the place

Back