• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How good is newegg with shipping?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chucky Da Pwner

I'm probably going to order some ram from them today, but the thing that bugs me is that they don't have any ground shipping. I live about 15 miles from newegg's main office, and the cheapest shipping option they have is the Fedex express saver which says 3-4 days minimum. Would fedex ship me my package on the next day since i am really close to newegg, or will they just hold the package for 3 days then deliver? Thanks for any feedback

As silly as it may sound your memory might come from either Tennessee or New Jersey. If it does come from Cali though you might get it sooner than the normal 3-4 days.

Almost forgot this should have been placed in the Vendor Discussion section ;)

Newegg is always good with shipping. You can always call them and ask if you can pick ur stuff up. Im sure they wont have a problem with it

if it works for you. excaliber PC is much slower shipping than newegg in my experiance, butthat was around the holidays when everywhere was closed.

Newegg has almost always shipped stuff the same day, or next day that I order...then it's in Fedex's hands. In my experience Fedex doesn't hold packages to meet the minimum shipping estimate day. (3 days etc) I've actually had express saver get to me the very next day because my package lucked out and hit every flight from California to here in NY.

This should be in vendo discussion.

Also Newegg ships super fast from both Cali and Dirt Jersey.

Well, since it's not the holiday season, there's a good chance you will get your package before the "3-4 days." Especially since you're right next to a warehouse.

But, they have to keep the shipping options the same because of their second warehouse. There's a possibility that the part you want isn't in the cali warehouse....so if you ordered ground shipping, that'd be even worse if it came from their other warehouse...

I live about 45 minutes from newegg's warehouse in cali. If i order something today before 12 noon i almost always get it the next day with the fedex saver shipping.

Well i ordered the ram last night, and got Fedex Express Saver Shipping. The Fedex tracking says that it is going to get to my house in 3 days. That means it takes 3 days for the package to travel 15 miles. That sucks :(

It actually gets put on a space shuttle for about 100 orbits of the earth, then it lands in floriday, and has to take a train to get to your house.

My Experience with Newegg

It has been my experience that Newegg is one of the most dependable shippers you can use,Often if the shipping is done close to your location it will arrive quicker than expected. Most of the delays seem to be Fed-Ex and not a Newegg delay. If your credit and address info is current and the shipping address and billing address are the same or they are properly docomented shipping from Newegg is one of the if not the most reliable I have used.

But that doesnt make any sense. They wouldnt hold your package for 3 days. It takes up space in the wherehouse and more chances of something happening to it etc. The faster they get it out, the less it costs them. But if your shipping across country, the $20 shipping gets put on flights/trucks first and the $10 gets secondary priority.

The majority of the time fedex will say it will be here in 3 days, but then it shows up on my door step the day after i ordered so don't trust fedex's estimated date of delivery if you live close to newegg's warehouse.

i think that fedex jsut tells you that date because thats what the exspected time for shipping is on the method you selected, if some1 else ordered it in a different state it would say the same thing (mostlikely) but it would get to you sooner (again mostlikely)

Back