• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O/Cing a pentium 3 866 mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BiLLyXkiNG

aiight here's the deal...i gotta pIII 866 runnin' ona motherboard that can take P3 100/133FSB 500-1Ghz +, Celeron 66mhz fsb ppga/fc-pga, and a Cyrix 100/133mhz fsb PPGA. Now, I messed around with the dip switches and get the number up to 975 mhz but it shuts off after the WINdows ME screen comes up...it's a socket 370 with a via apollo pro family chipset...

BiLLyXkiNG (Jul 21, 2001 12:58 a.m.):
I got A case fan in the front right next to the air conditioning vent :) and my temps cant be read by MBM 5...and a PC133
Ok you said it was a VIA chip on it try going to the VIA website and getting their temp monitor its better than nothing. I wouldn't try to overclock it till you knew the temps of it man. You could burn your chip up

Get into your BIOS if you can. If it's a good one, you should be able to adjust them. I recommend you get your temperatures first. Increasing the voltage increases its heat output

BiLLyXkiNG (Jul 21, 2001 01:05 a.m.):
what do i change them to
Increase the voltage one notch. From there try booting up at 975. If it still doesn't work, increase it another notch. Be sure to get a temperature monitor going as well. As for the temps, try to stay as low as possible (of course) You should try not to go higher than the mid-high 40's C. I believe the maximum tolerable temperature tops off around 80 degrees C

Back