• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP voltage freak me out!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glezba

Hi!
Does anyone know the default voltage for AGP? I've just installed my ATI 9200 in my new mobo MSI PT880 Neo FISR and I checked that it's set to 1.75 but I thought it was 1.5.
Need help cos I got some black screens during PCmark 04 graphic test.
Thank u soooooooooooo much!!!

It's 1.5. BTW, this setting doesn't really do anything but make your card put out more heat. Usually it doesn't change the voltage going to the video card core or ram.

black screens are more likely to do with not being able to support what its trying to do.

I checked in my mobo. The fact is that you can change it in the Corecenter software of the MSI pt880 NEo FISR mobo, and I don't know if I did it by mistake, but I noticed that it was set to 1,75, so I change it inmediately to 1,5. I'm having this blank screen problems, so I would like to know if I've "burned" anything because of this voltage setting.

I ran my 9800 Pro at 1.8v's...all the voltage is doing is creating more heat acutally...doesnt actually help push the core or memory voltage up...

And are you possitive that it was the AGP and not CORE...AGP will be either 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8...never heard of a AGP over volting or under volting by .5 volts before...maybe .005...

Back