• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cellie 600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trapper

intel 810chipset onboard sound and graphics
190 megs sd ram ,cdrw,microstar ms-6178 mobo
can some one tell me how / if i can alter core voltage as mine is 1.47v in the bios and i know this is wrong also had fine temps 32-42 b4 i oc myself to 677 thought this aint worth the price of good cooling for 77mhz so under clocked back to default teps are now 49-52 (yip fackin on fire)any fixits guys??respect

You could try pin wrapping to increase core voltage. The default voltage on my 566 was 1.5v and i could not get over 1.7v on my board so i wrapped the VID0 VID1 and VSS pins on my 566 to get a default voltage of 1.65v. Since this worked I tried wrapping VSS to VID3 to get a 1.9v default.

Examples/diagrams of this can be found here here http://www.hyperformance-pc.com/intel_vid.htm and here http://www.cryptolinks.de/oc/

It really wasn't that tough to do, i took a single strand from a multistrand wire and wrapped it around the appropriate pins. Did take a bit of time though and you have to make sure that the wire isn't touching the wrong pins cuz some bad stuff could happen :)

Trapper, I guess you checked MSI for BIOS updates?
Here's a link to the MSI socket 370 Bios page in case you need it.
If you haven't flashed a BIOS before (and even if you have) Be VERY careful and follow instructions to the letter. Read info on the BIOS update to see if it will add support for the needed voltage problem. Remember to use the flash utility to back up your current BIOS before attemting the flash. If it doesn't work, DON"T turn the computer off. Just reflash your old BIOS with the utility you get from MSI.

cheers dudez ill give that a try when i get home later ,both the pin wrapping and the bios flash,does anyone know if this will address the issue with my sound going all crackily and echoing??
BTW full respect for your time guys you really do put a lot of forums to shame and i aint *** lickin just shootin fi the hip................

Trapper, it's nice to recieve appreciation for trying to help. Thanx! I should have pointed out that I belive your board was manufactured prior to the availability of the "coppermine" Celerons AKA: Celeron 2. That is why an updated BIOS is needed. The BIOS contains information on supported CPU's, voltage requirements and other information needed to configure the hardware before the Operating System takes over. You may already know this, but it may benefit someone else who stumbles upon this post. Thanks again for recognizing OC.com as a great source of information.
Stick arounf!

Right guys i done a bit pin wrapping last night which i got from the above link (once again, respect). I Done vid 3 to vss to get a core v of 1.85(privately chuffed :)

Now the down side is that it still aint letting me past 678mhz ........

But the wobbly echoey sound problem has smoothed out so i can now at least run stable with a bit more juice (Pin Wrapping Eh?? fackin top stuff dudez necessesity definatley is the mother of invention)

So now i need to flash my BIOS??? as the only bug i see is a different temp reading than i get from SANDRA which i think is definatley a BIOS prob,
If i do still need to flash my BIOS do i need to adjust a jumper on the mobo first? im sure i read this in manual.....or somewhere :)

I feel the need for speed guys and i aint moving too fast so please point me toward the bas of mount gig and even if i dont get another cellie to the top of it i will surely do better than under 3/4 way up.

cheers from the capital city of scotland (sunny for once!!)

actually most people have told me that you shouldnt have two different types of ram, you should try with one of those sticks,(pc133), and maybe order some more theyre pretty cheap nowadyas (pricewatch.com) , 18dollars for 256!....ive nver heard of having to adjust a jumper to change bios, look at the oc.com tuttrial for help, and read slakes response it tells you why a bios upgrade would help you :)

well man...you should be able to get it running with a little extra cooling...ram doesn't matter much right now as you haven't gone over 100 FSB yet...you could probably get there with that chip most of them do but you could have a hot one

Right boyz i have got the appropriate flash for my BIOS and as crazy as this sounds (as it did to me) instructions in bios flash "howto" says i need to boot up clean before flashing,now i was thinking i should boot with command promt to miss autoexec,win.ini etc or do i go to safe mode?? in short dudez how do i perform a clean boot, God that sounds so lame when i think of the things i have learnt and an elementary thing baffles me i feel like im asking something like "what is copy and paste!!!!!!!" anyway noworries as we live and learn ,,,,

oh aye see how cooling is numero uno and that is the main cooling required to boot to your OS or to just keep allround temp down or both??? As for some reason i m thinking along the lines of that if when you go up a notch in my FSB , My pc dies either at or b4 the POST and i was thinking if i can get the cooling maxed out for boot it may help any thoughts guys??
I have had another fan slapped onto one of the open ends of the heatsink to no avail (apparentley!)

I have now caught the overclocking bug and need speed without greed (£££££ :) ) Thanx lads / lassies

BTW are most of you guys in the states??????

by clean boot i believe they mean that you should boot into dos...which the tutorial i read explained.....youll need a system formatted disk, on which there is also the files needed for the flash..note...do not attempt in windows

Aparently for an award bios i should boot clean with a disk i alreaddy made with just command,iosys,msdos.sys and the flash file but the other bit of it needs to be on a hdd as dos wont accept me entering an A:\ command then swithching floppies so it gets the file!!!! as i was lucky eneough to put it on a **** disk which i couldnt get the file off :-( so ill try again and get back asap//////ta lads

Back