• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

upgraded from gigabyte w/ kt600 to NF7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EBH

I just got a brand new nf7 today. Very proud of it. Now for the questions:
How high can i raise the vcore w/ air cooling (stock northbridge cooler and no southbridge heatsink/cooler)
What multi should i use for a 2600+ (i used 12.5, 13, 13.5, 12, 11 and i'm still trying)
What are the usual recomended temps for this mobo? (i've noticed that the temp is lower than on my old gigabyte and that it goes from a temp to another - either down or up - mutch slower that the gigabyte sensor would)
the cpu clock is 2079 instead of 2086
The thing i like less at this mobo than my old kt600 is that i have to reset the cmos A LOT!
I raise the fsb w/ 2-3MHz (from something that would be able to lad windows xp) and it starts beep-ing in odd ways (not always the same behaviour)
The same goes w/ VCore.
What's "CPU Interface" for (i think it was called "cpu interface"... not 100% sure) ?

One last question.... Does the zalman new 7000A cooler fit on this mobo installed in a mid-tower ? (i ask this because i noticed that the socket is really close to the PSU)

gigabyte w/ kt600 to NF7

Ahhh :bday: good call. I did the *exact* same thing. I went from a 7VT600 1394 to the NF7.

The NF7 is a ***** to deal with at first, but it loves the abuse! Anyway, what you need to do is get some quality BIOS. Tic-tac makes a version that is really good.

Unfortunatly the temps are a little wacky using his BIOS.

Linky:http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthrea...6246#post276246

Other than that she runs great when compared to my old one! As for the voltage, you will need to bump it alot cuz the NF7 undervolts badly. (almost .05 on mine without mods)

I highly suggest you sink both ur MOFSETS and South Bridge. Doing this really lets her shine!

If you got questions let me know!

As for the heatsink I would suggest a Thermalright 900a or an SP97. Its a close fit in a mid tower but Im using mine just fine with a tornado!

-Sen

I'm starting to get a little more aquainted (spelled right ?) with this mobo... i'm now running 2305 (200x11.5) stable at 1.75V (i think).

What happens if something goes wrong when updating the bios? How can it be saved?

I'm not planning on installing heatsinks pretty soon.... i'm sure i will eventualy but not soon (i think)...

I really want to get the zalman because i want to keep it silent

Something else i've noticed: the cpu cooling progz (i used cpuidle extreme) don't work... w/ gigabyte it got my cpu to 31degC from about 55 (idle). w/ nf7 it does nothing.... this is not really a problem, just something i've noticed.

Last edited:
Back