• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vddr 9800np mod questions!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mentaL704

Ok I did the Vddr mod to my 9800np. I used a 10kvr and I set it at the max resistance. I installed everything and it seems to be running fine but.... Its reading 3.28v Is that safe to run at?? defualt on my card was 2.86v. I dont under stand why its so high.

I did the same with my Vgpu mod and that has been working great for about 6months now?

TIA guys!!!!

There is nothing safe about vmoding anything to even .1V increase, but if its running stable and as long as its watercooled I dont see any danger. The real question is how long you can run it at those volts :)

Alot of people say 10K is fine for Vddr, but if you look at Macci's guide he indicates a 20K for Vddr.

So if you are not comfortable with what you have now, just increase the resistance somehow....ie a higher ohm vr, or add a fixed say 3.3K in line with the 10K.

Air and Water cooling has nothing to do with this mod. We are talking about the Vddr and not Vgpu...so its obviously ari cooled.

I would say that 3.2v is a little to high for 24/7 use. I wouldnt run much above 3v for daily use, and not much over 3.3v for benching at short intervals. You better get some sinks on those things and make sure you have fans blowing on them.

Alot of the guys over at xtremesystems.org were killing cards with even minor volt increases to the mem. (+.15) Personnally, I skipped the vddr mod since the mem speed isn't usually much of a bottleneck anyhow.

Yeh, the Vddr is quite finicky on this card for some reason.

I haven't had much of a problem tho. Vmodded atleast 10 of them without a single issue, lost a trace on one, and got quite a bit more out of the mem.

I raised my memory from 2.70v to 2.82v, and it errored out no matter what I used to cool them. It also lowered my overclock by 15MHz in the end. My 9800's memory should have been left alone, but the need for speed calls you ;)

I just ended up removing the vDDR and just kept with the vgpu, which did help.

OK srry bought that lol stupid mistake lol. That was a mojor blonde moment. Yeah make sure u have sinks on them and a side case fan blowing right on them. Also some ppl do wc there mem on there cards to tell u the truth!! now that is what i call obssesd?!?!

Back