• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing the FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freakcrap

Im trying to change the FSB and according to the manual of my MOBO, u go in and alter the system jumper, reboot, it takes you directly to the bios and from there you can alter the FSB. I get all the way to the bios but cant see how to alter it. If anybody has any suggestions or knows what im doing wrong, please help.

mobo - Intel (Jabil) Pentium II 4000608 Motherboard
bios - Intel/Phoenix BIOS, not sure as to which version though but I can find out if needed.

Thanks for any help!!!

Not sure about your particular board, but if you board says it supports altering the fsb, then its in one of the bios menus, ya just gotta look through every one til you see it. The manual says it does support changing the fsb, right?

Yeah, it says that it supports it but I have gone through every option in the bios and nowhere does it allow for changing the fsb. It will tell me what it is, but there is no option to change it though. Ohh, well, thanks anyways.

If the manual's correct, perhaps there's no softmenu... but do you see ANY cpu settings? If yes, then it will be there. If no, the settings are probably set by jumpers.

Back