• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my celeron dead ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tabasco

Registered
I've just bought a celeron 850, but I can't get the thing to work at all. Put it into my system and nothing, power on and the fans start, the HD light comes on and stays on but that's it. no beeps nothing ....

I've got an Abit VT6X4 mobo so I've goto use a FC ~ Slot 1 converter, this has been set to the cpu settings and nothing, set to auto detect fsb etc, and still nothing. I put my p3 back in and it works first time,
Any one got any ideas to things I can try. Please

Do you think it's a dead cpu or is it sommit else ??
Thanks

Silly question, but did you try "resetting" the mobo with the jumper?

I have an Abit SlotKET!!!, Epox BX3 and a Celeron 800 and I couldn't get my system to boot until I set the slocket to 100MHz bus and the MOBO FSB to Auto. After that it booted fine and I was able to set the FSB in BIOS.

Hope this helps.

Well just to let you all know.

It was the slocket after all, I thought I had ruled that out as I had tried 2 of them, but... I bought an ASUS slocket and everything works fine.

Thanks to all who respond in a forum for without you life would cost too much

did you have the Abit set for FCPGA (coppermine / p///) mode. Celly 2's are pin compatible with p///s, so the option needs selection, and I'm not sure if it's set as default on the Abit.

Just a word of advice incase your ASUS one ever dies...

Back