• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem With Asus P4c800-e!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kryminator

Registered
Houston I've got a problem! (sorry for such a long post, but I couldn't make it shorter to describe my problem).

I wanted to check if the system worked if I set lover voltage (1,575V) using 3750MHz. At the beginning everything was OK. The system booted up and I started to benchmark. It passed AquaMark and I turned on 3DMark2003. During the second test system crashed and it restarted, but didn't want to even boot up. After powering off/on it booted up and I run SisoftSandra 2004. Once again the same. So I decided to unstress system for some time and return to standard settings (I didn't need speed that time). After I switched in BIOS FSB to standard setting the system didn't boot up I saw only black screen as before using 500MHz setting with lovered voltage, I even didn't see a post message. It crashed at the beginning, but turning power off/on solved the problem. What I saw then sceared me. Entering BIOS I saw that my CPU is working with 3000MHz not 3055MHz (in standard) as before that mess, but I didn't start to panic. I turned on Aquamark and 3DMark and I got just a little bit better results then before - at least strange. OK I said. Let's now try overclocking. I switched to 3299MHz for a beginning. I was shocked with results of Aquamark and 3DMark. The performance was even worse then using 3000MHz!! (1 frame less) - when I was overclocking the first time the faster was FSB the better result I got, but now?? OK I switched preset setting to 20% and......I got 3600MHz instead of 3655MHz that I got before!! Something is wrong here I thought. I run Aquamark and 3DMark03 and got only 1 frame better result in Aqua then using 3000MHz CPU!! (3Dmark the same). :mad: This AI is making somethong wrong, I thought, so I set speed manually to 3670MHz, so I had some comparison with 3655MHz that I was using before. The result was worse comparing to 3655 by 2 frames in Aqua!! What a hell......I noticed that I have some strange voltage readings in Asus Probe . Using 3299Mhz I have 1,508V???? Using 3750 voltage jumps from 1,568-1,585??? Under BIOS using 3299MHz 1,552 (like using standard setting) and 1,600-1,625 using 3750MHZ (it seems normal, as I set it to 1,600V). I think that this decrease in performanece has something common with disappearing MHz (either using standard setting 3000 -instead of 3055 like it was before- or 3600 -using AI 20%- it was 3655Mhz before). PLEASE HELP. IF YOU EXPERIENCED SUCH WONDERS CAN YOU HELP ME?

For me it looks like DRAM frequanecy was decerased from 1:1 to something below (Auto mode), but I can be wrong considering disappearing MHz.

Maybe reflashing BIOS will help? What do you think? I have 1016 version. 1014 I had in stock, but overclocking was made under 1016.

What am I doing? Taking to myself. :confused: I think I need some medical help.

I partially resolved this problem. Decreasing performance was due to my problems with core voltage. In BIOS everything looks OK. When I set up 1,600V it's around that, but when I enter Win XP I get some strange readings from ASUS Probe. Voltage for 3750 is jumps from 1,568-1,584V. Now I know what's goin' on. I'm loosing frames in benchmarks. Even If AquaMark is going to end it's loosing frames. Using 3750 whole benchmark had 4870 frames. Using 3000 it had over 5000 frames!! I have to set 1,675V in BIOS to get 1,600V in Windows. Pretty strange! But still I have no clue what happend with MHz that disappeared! If you have some idea please help!

Back