• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec case help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rafjr00

I like the antec cases. I want one with 120mm fans. What I was wondering is case flow vs. noise. It stays alil warm in my room and this system will be next too my curent one(even warmer) but I don't want something that is going too keep my up at night. Both the P160 and the Sonata only have 1 120mmfan. Do they still have good air flow. What about the Super Lanboy? Any help or insight would be great. thanks everone.

THe P160 comes with one 120mm fan in the back and has a spot for a second 120mm in the front. How quite it is depends on the fans you use. I have enermax adjustables in my P160 and with the HSF turned down to lowest setting its quiter then my chieftec with 5 80mm fans. Hope that helps

I have a Sonata with just the one supplied case (120mm) fan installed.
It seems not very loud to me and the cooling seems to be ok. CPU currently running between 26 and 36 depending on load.
So I assume airflow is ok seeing as it stays cool enough.

I certainly like the case though overall.

If you're going to get the 120mm cases, you should consider purchasing an additional fan to mount as an intake. You should also consider turning down the speed with a fan controller, or the 7V fan mod. It's much quieter at 7V, and still has a good amount of flow through the case. :)

ok cool was thinking of using a controller. The Sonata come with one or two places for fans? If only one is there room for makeing a place for a second in the front of the case?

Superlanboy has 2 120mm fans. (1 front/ 1 rear)

However its very cramped (but extremely light:bday: )

Plus there is no space to hide cables behind the mobo tray.

But it is an absolutly stunning case! Its much better than I could have ever hoped for.

The blue light on the front isnt tacky at all. It isnt as bright as one would think. Its only bright enough to make the front panel glow blue.

ok cool i was looking at the super lanboy. hehe i like the look of the light. weight is not a big concern, I will not be moving it. looking too build a new main system and my current one is going too be a second system for folding while the main is running seti :)

what about the SLK3700-BQE, it looks to be similier too the sonata but has room for 2-120mm fans

Last edited:
Be careful its REALLY REALLY small!!!

Much smaller that what would appear.

I had to move one of my larger CD/RWs to the top bay so I could clear DIMM#3 on my NF7

I only have about an 1/2 inch of clearence on the left side of the mobo. and an inch on the right.

However since this case is so tiny its incredibly light!!

oh ok cool. I really like the look and I have worked at a computer shop for a few years and one of my pet peves is cables, hehe I am known too spend 30-45mins just routing cables and wires out of the way.

Ok I think i am going to go with the super lanboy, since it is a smaller case and I am running out of room. hehe

Antec Sonata is very quiet...however mine may have dodgy PSU...it killed my new GA-8IK1100 twice....and problem still not solved.

Pin 8 PWR OK voltage was 4 volts instead 5 volts

the lanboy looks too.... boyish for me... P160 is much more... james bondish... very sleek and stylish IMHO (you should see it in person, digital pix don't do it justics :D)

the lanboy is a nice travel case, however, if you are not going to transport it at all, go with another case. i figured this out the hard way... i might look at getting another case soon. it is a nice case but its cramped. and as you can see from my sig, with my heatsink, i wont be moving this puppy very much.

Back