• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mag3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OutS|der

k whats a mag3 pump and where can i find one......its a name brand or just a type where there r more then one?
whats the best pump i can buy?

so useing any of these in the case is inline and underwater is the other way? and is does it make a diff installing everything useing a pump not made for pc water cooling?

A lot of people (probably the majority) run their PC pumps inline. You can run a watercooling pump submerged too, you just need a reservoir. The advantage to that is less restriction on the pump inlet, resulting in better performance. The downside is that a res takes up a fair amount of space.

There are very few pumps made for watercooling, and installing a pump not specifically built for watercooling won't cause any problems. Pumps are just pumps - they're built to circulate water, and they'll do that no matter what application they're applied to, provided they're properly implemented.

Yes, they're made by Danner.

I wouldn't suggest a Mag3, while it is very powerful, its also very loud, and I doubt the EMI coming from it would help matters either..

OutS|der said:
k then whats the best pump that i can get?
best flow rate, head, low noise and heat

Its a never ending battle between the Eheim 1250, Hydor L30, and Via Aqua 1300, all 3 perform about the same, Eheim is know for better reliability, while the L30 is said to be more quiet, and the Via is the lowest priced.

Check out this graph: http://phaestus.procooling.com/pqcurves.jpg

If you can try a Mag3 out in person before you buy, that would be the best to see if the noise is an issue for you.

k well i'm going to water cool cause noise from fans is already a prob so i guess i'll be going with ethier a ehiem or a hydro l30

I have not heard anything about the swiftech one, but I believe it's quite expensive, like $80 while the other can be had for half that... Personally, I don't like the idea of a heatsink company making my water pump... Just as you wouldn't trust a computer made by Wal-Mart.

I hear the Swiftech is very quiet. As for the the Danner Mag 3 not being EMI shielded like Eheim pumps, you can always get some EMI shielding tape or something from a hardware store. The noise might be an issue though, although some kind of dampener could be easily made.

i'm a newbie who at best can take something out of the box figure out simple instructions and make a feble effort at best......cant do no noise reduction or much construction......lol i'll b taking a reach even doing this but what i do want is the best of the best.....for now

Back