• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For Those Intersted in P4 3dmark Scores check here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burning Phoenix

First of all i don't see the P4 mentioned as much as i would like to see even though we all know AMD is faster to a point at which the current p4 1.8 is now taking over even though they closely compared to AMD's 1.4 in benchmarks. Anyways I just sold my year old P3 700 @ 1008 w/ ASUS P3v4x and ASUS V6800 (Geforce DDR) , etc. 3dmark2000 scores:
http://gamershq.madonion.com/products/orb/?publish_compare.shtml?&project_type=1&dprid=1032131

Anyways i just bought a P4 1.7 w/ ASUS P4t and ASUS V7700 (Geforce 2 GTS w/ det ver. 12.60) with same xtras as above not listed like it matters. I downloaded the new 3dmark2001 and started benchmarking today. I like to mention this video card definitely limits the P4 and wish i didn't buy it. My stock settings with nothing overclocked produced scores around 3300. Disappointing! Then i began overclocking the video card to 220 core and 380 memory. I got this score of 3754 so far.
http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?1347183

My next step will be to push the video card as far as i can and maybe hit 3900. I have overclocked the P4 to 1869 with the stock heat sink and fan but never ran 3dmark2001 yet. I think i should at least bought a geforce ultra card to get scores around 5000+ and then in a month (after i finish building an addition, I'm a contractor by the way) i'm buying a geforce 3. I think i can hit 7500+ between overclocking and a geforce 3. But since i can't use my current waterblock and peltier i have to wait till i can buy another MAZE waterblock for my P4. I hope to push this chip over 2.0 GHZ and think it will like i said i can run it now at 1869 mhz stock heat sink and fan. Well give me a month and i'll post new scores along with a Motherboard Monitor readout and WCPUID picture. Don't tell me i waisted my money on Intel either because it doesn't matter i not following the rest of you.

Another note to you hot chip AMD people this chip runs stock heatsink and fan on a 90 degree F. day like today here @ 110 degrees F. and overclocked to 1869 actually runs cooler @ 106. Doesn't make sense!

P4 benchmarking

Glad to see that someone besides me is starting to do comparisons on the P4 CPU. I have read many reviews on this chip series and am at present running a 1.7 P4 on an ASUS P4T mobo with 512 MB Rdram. My HSF is an Indigo Orb. The setup is installed in an Inwin Q500 full tower case with an Antec 400w power supply and 120mm blowhole. Dual HD,s 20/40GB Western Digitals not in raid array as of yet. Will not Raid before upgrading to dual 75GB IBMs. I also have not settled on a video card. Presently using a Viper 770. I am currently running stable at 1900 GHZ default vcore. Have been stable at 1955 ghz with 1.8 vcore (115 fsb) but the temps shown in asus probe went up to 125 while running Burnin Test. Too hot for the kid I don,t even want to consider water cooling in this machine so I'm looking for a better mechanical cooling solution. Presently Zalman (Korea) is producing a unit that mounts to the case instead of using clips and is spring loaded to prevent crushing or overtorquing. Those who don't allow for expansion would normally have regrets but not with this baby. www.zalman.com . I am looking forward to hearing more about your success with this chip as without you this forum is useless to me. BTW the above mentioned HSF combo is also usable on Athlons with four holes in the mobo around the socket:)

Last edited:
Update on scores

Here is the link to my update on the 3dmark2001 scores which puts me in 1st place with other identical specs: 3869 3dmarks2001
http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?1355279

By the way only the video card is overclocked to 220 core and 385 memory. Any higher speeds give lower scores. When i overclock the p4 to 1869 stock heat sink and fan the 3dmark software shuts down part way through at this speed. Need better cooling i think.

Last edited:
Back