• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS& vdd vmod with pics...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Helsyeah

Made the Cookies Crumble
IS7 vdd vmod with pics...

All credit belongs to Learn over at XS for discovering this mod

excuse the really crappy quality picture, tis what happens when a scanner is used instead of a digital camera :D

In order to increase Vdd we must remove R115 and replace it with a 20 or 50k pot.

heres the location of the R115.

vnorthmod.jpg

Remove R115 and solder two legs of the pot into its place.

I set the 20k pot to 4.35k which was the resistance i read from R115. To raise the vdd voltage increase the resistance on the pot.

as with the IC7 the vdd is measured from the mosfet above the agp slot towards the socket.

readvnorth.jpg

We are also in the process of workin out the vagp mod... hopefully it will be updated shortly. Any and all questions will be entertained.

Xenocide said:
you scanned your mobo? ROFL!!!

anyways, nice clean soldering job!

yes thats right, do not question my mobo scanning authority :D:D

ChiefScout said:
Thats cool.....could you maybe give me some info on the basis of how you're "discovering" how to perform these volt mods?

i dont take any credit for discovering these volt mods, i just follow in others foot steps...

most of the work on the is7 is very similar to the multitude of mods available for the ic7. the vagp mod that we are trying to figure out is almost identical to the vagp for the ic7.

if you want to know more theres several discussions here and over at xtremesystems.org forums that talk about where to look for the voltage regulators and such, and how to go about setting up the voltmods...

Back