• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I thought I paid too much for MY Barton...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Silent Buddha said:
And unless I'm mistaken, the math adds up too :)

depends how you read that, i know it's blurry.

246.6x12 = 2,959
247.6x12 = 2,971
248.6x12 = 2,983
249.6x12 = 2,995

I read that picture as 2,982.7.

{PMS}fishy said:
Somethings are worth more to others than you would think. I should sell mine, seeing that price now.

I know this is a couple posts behind but I just read it. When I asked people what would be faster a 1700/1800 when I can get both "golden" steppings people pretty much called me retarted.

bchur83 said:
Also in that picture, why doesn't it show the voltage? Also check the 6th post down on your link, it is identical to the ebay pic.

I know that, its why I showed you guys.

HAHAHHAHA i bet he found the pic from here unless its him get an admin to rly crack it down thats hard earned cash ppl!!!!!!! LOL THATS THE SAME EXACT SHOT!! HAHA

wait its prob him selling it still get an admin,what he is doing is illig. i think(right fraud,he stole the pic?) just tryin to help a bud save all that cash

What are you guys talking about.

This is a copy of the title. " AMD Mobile 2500 (Barton) + FREE SHIPPING"

How is he lying? He is selling a 2500+ that clocks to 2.8ghz. He is not claiming that its 2.8ghz from the factor. It clearly states that its O/Ced.

"This is a great chip and is working fully. I run it at 2.8ghz (1 ghz overclock!) stable. I could go higher with it but 2v for the CPU is limiting. Look at the picture for a screenshot. Im only selling this great cpu because I want to get an AMD 64."

wow guys.... who carse if you dont think its worth it. Whoever is bidding on it wants it for some reason. (one guy in korea wants it for a competition. The others I dont know? Rich?) IF you don't like how much they are bidding for... who cares keep the comments to yourself. Don't bash me saying its not a real screenshot. Thank you Fishy for backing me up here.
Show me my lies in this screenshot below.. plz then if you still think Im full of ***t.. well good for you.

*edit* finding host so i can host the full image and not have it compressed*

*edit2* here
http://www.clan-hv.com/members/cow/proof.JPG

Attachments

• proofoptimized.zip
    162.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Cow2kie said:
wow guys.... who carse if you dont think its worth it. Whoever is bidding on it wants it for some reason. (one guy in korea wants it for a competition. The others I dont know? Rich?) IF you don't like how much they are bidding for... who cares keep the comments to yourself. Don't bash me saying its not a real screenshot. Thank you Fishy for backing me up here.
Show me my lies in this screenshot below.. plz then if you still think Im full of ***t.. well good for you.

*edit* finding host so i can host the full image and not have it compressed*

*edit2* here
http://www.clan-hv.com/members/cow/proof.JPG

Congrats.

I guessed right, people need it for competition.

From what I read, it looks like the super mobile is centered on IQYFA 0343, MPMW.

What cooling, temperature and voltage are used to get to 2.886GHz? Is 2.886 GHz prime95 stable for hours?

Im cooling it with a prometia. Its not primestable for hours at 2.86ghz. I need to have more than 2vcore to do that. Id throw it on my nf7-s to play around w/ the 2.3v option. But I dont like the nf7.

Any chip, good or not so good stepping, even at low temperature, up to a point, depending on the balance of voltage, temperature, internal leakage current, adding voltage would not be able to clock it higher with stability any more.

I found that the mobile barton would not take voltage higher than somewhere around 2.1-2.2 V which determines its short term frequency, lower temperature with extreme cooling would give it more stability for full load run.

Last edited:

Whoa there, calm down. :p I was just posting so others could see how high these chips can go for (and to make myself feel better about spending about 100 less, let's see if I can get a nice overclock though ;).)

Personally it really irriates me when people say things like "Oh! He's such a price gouger! He's taking advantage of other peoples' ignorance! Ban ban ban!" blah blah blah. If you can get $240.00 for it, great. If you can get $300.00, even better! I (personally) could care less for how much you sell the chip, it's yours to do with it as you please. :)

Anyway, best of luck on the auction and I hope your bidder comes through.

Cow2kie said:
2.2 could possibly help stablize 2.9ghz or 3. :attn:

To run it very short period of time, voltage is enough, say 2.2 V.

But to get it to run stably for a long period of time, lower temperature is essential.

High voltage determines the high end frequency, low temperature determines stability and how long it can run stably.

ChillPhatCat said:
That's Cow2k's chip... wow! and I can't even get $80 for a locked 2500+ that does 2.35 @ 1.85V

:D

I just got $92 for my 2500+ desktop LOL... it got no bids until 15 mins before the close and the bid it up to $92... And $5 S&H... I paid $72 on Newegg... there is a market it seems if you can get the right chips.

Back