• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

saving my system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

computerbias

I have a problem, with windows 98

Have lost my OS, tried to repair and won't
I tried to upgrade to me, and after 15+ hours the programing tells me there are still drive errors and will not continue

I NEED to save the files. Am I screwed or how can I fix the drive errors without losing my files, when I cannot even get into the OS

:cry: :confused:

HELP ME PLEASE !!!

Maybe try Knoppix, runs off of the cdrom, boot to that search the disc for the files and save them to floppy's? Otherwise put a another hard drive in laod up the os and then go into the origianal and try to find the files.

skab said:
Maybe try Knoppix, runs off of the cdrom, boot to that search the disc for the files and save them to floppy's? Otherwise put a another hard drive in laod up the os and then go into the origianal and try to find the files.

I would also advise the same thing, just put another HDD with an OS already installed in it, and access your file directly from there and save them. It happened to me so many times, and that's what I did to save my files.

I put the HDD into another pc, as slave, and most of the files were missing, that is another factor in my dilema.

Any other ideas

Back