• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

~250 to spend wtf to buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

capmuffin

i was thinking as i posted b4 the evga 5900REG i aint''' a fan of ati since my 2 dead 9600xt's and driver probls any other cards to look at

heh ty man but i dont think ATI will win me over also BESTBUY AHH RUN sry lol.also DIZZAM NICE SCORES i love my ti4200 NEVER let me down!!!!!

oh wow same time post sry...they were BOTH built buy ATI retail cards(no chance of RMA)...........tear

They didnt let you RMA? Thats wierd...

anyway, if you dont like ati, get a 5900U, or non.

But you will not regret getting a 9800pro, I promise. And OMG, I cannot believe that bestbuy has 9800pro at 200. I was in there yesterday and it was at 299.

I dont consider the fx5900 a worthy upgrade to my ti4200. I do not like nvidia's fx cards. Id much rather grab a 9700 pro than a fx5900. Maybe the nv40 will be good enough to sway my interest. thus far the ti4200 is the only card I have grown to love

It is very not normal for you to have two dead 9600XT in a row. Have you thought about the reason? For example, crappy PSU, or OVERclocked? You can't blame ATI for such unusual experience, try to find out the cause.

I would recommend a 9800Pro as well. It is the best buy at this time. For only $200 you get only 5% less performance than the top card 9800XT at stock, and after overclocking it can easily surpass XT. Consider I got mine last spring for around $400, and there is still nothing I see as a true upgrade. Now everyone can grab is for only $200, and getting the similar benchmark scores. Lucky you.

seems like hes made his mind to get a much slower fx5900 that will be around a 9600xt in dx9 games and shader heavy games. his money and choice

I would think a FX5900 has the performance between 9600XT and 9700np, which are both inferior to 9800Pro by a large percentage.

hhmm i guess ur right i think it is a MUCH better deal dad said hell with ati now...how are they for overclocking........watercooled with maze4w00t w00t..........would sapphire be better since i HATE BEST BUY AHH GRRRR GRAWELASD SNAP EWW BARF.......ok i guess ill take the advice look at all these ppl who says go pro,heh i am pro...#18 wait u play CS?............yeah u guys do give good advice ima order one now if i can

capmuffin said:
#18 wait u play CS?

I did, I was addicted to it 4 years ago, and I had some mad skill. Then I quit after I was banned several times in a row for "hacking". I played it a few times in the last a few years, but never felt the same. The last time I played it was right after stream was out. I know I lost over 90% of my old skills, but after I only played 10 min., there were already morons screamming "Vash hacks". Well it is getting annoying.

off the original topic, in counterstroke, everyone complains about hacks when they die. just my personal experience.

back on track

the 9800pro is prolly the best upgrade you can get for the amount of money you want to spend here. i myself prefer nvidia but it is a preference some people dont seem to get. yes it may be slower, as far as the 5900se, but it is comparable to my old 4200 overclocked and has more features. not just dx9, but also ogl1.4 (or 1.5?)

Nvidia fx series owns everything for graphic programs. Period.
Otherwise, it will handle games nicely, but not as well as the r9800.

Back