• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Increase V-core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

honda_man

I am trying to increase my V-core but my Bios won't let me. I have posted asking if anyone knew where to do a volt mod, no answer. Does anyone know where I could get a modded Bios from in order to increase my V-core?

We would first need to know exactly what MB you have, before we can even do anything else.

I was checking the specs on that MB, and it says that it goes up to 1.85v. How much are you looking to put into the chip? You are not doing to bad for a willy cellery CPU.

To be honest I am not sure how much I want to put into the chip. Right now I am restricted from OCing anyfurther as my V-core becomes unstable. The max I have gotten to wich is only one more notch up on the FSB is 2.075. That is when it becomes unstable. I would like to hit 2.1 but I don't see that happening if I cannot increase any voltages.

That really way too much voltage for an Intel P4 based chip. Even the willies. I suggest you lower that, and be happy with what you are at. The fastest released willy P4 was 2ghz, and they did not clock much beyond that.

Time for an upgrade if you want more speed.

O.k. Thanks for the info. That is pretty much what I was figuring out myself. This is actually my first system that I have built so I guess I should be happy with what I have done.

yeah i wouldugrade moble 2500 DFI infinity and some nice pc3200++ RAM ur GFX should be good and i think they sell adapter brackets for the sp's??

sam question here....
i`ve got a P4P800 deluxe...
my vcore wont go up more than 1.65...
i`ve got a p4 2.4@3200 now... i wanted to hit 3500 but without vcore increase i wont be able :(

Back