• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8KHA - anyone up for it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have jyst ordered the Epox 8KHA. I think it I'll have it Tuesday, and I'll let you all know what I think about it.

Hi all, first time on this forum:)
Just a few questions regarding this board

1) Andy you said you had it running at 1.85v. Was that the default voltage of the chip? Reviews i have read have stated that you cannot change the cpu voltage as it returns to its default and that it ignores the L7 bridges.

2)Does this board, like many other kt266 chipset boards, have the usb dropout issue?

3)Is there an issue with the 686b southbridge like the kt133a's had with file transfer and SBLive's?

Thanks for any help in advance:cool:

Does the 8kha have the overvolt like the 8k7a? This has been the point that sold me with the high fsb capabilities.

WinXP said:
Does the 8kha have the overvolt like the 8k7a? This has been the point that sold me with the high fsb capabilities.

Yes the 8KHA also use 3 phase power, like the 8K7A.

So is the 8kha a better board or just a cheaper board? Raid isnt an issue I only have 1 harddrive... The third dimm is a bonus, but not all that important. I have 2 micron 256mb pc2100 sticks right now so that just means i could posibly get another later. I don't like the sounds of the way you posted this... "Anyone up for it" as if there is a chance it might be a bad board... Does anyone have a good review of this board? Id rather not make a 120$ mistake...

Last edited:
Does the 8KHA do the same trick as the 8K7A with the core voltage? (Connecting L7's allowing you to go over 2 volts vcore)

That would be cool, I would totally go with the 8KHA if that was the case.

SickBoy

Bobby Manus said:
So is the 8kha a better board or just a cheaper board? Raid isnt an issue I only have 1 harddrive... The third dimm is a bonus, but not all that important. I have 2 micron 256mb pc2100 sticks right now so that just means i could posibly get another later. I don't like the sounds of the way you posted this... "Anyone up for it" as if there is a chance it might be a bad board... Does anyone have a good review of this board? Id rather not make a 120$ mistake...

Well, Andy was using this board, and he gave it high marks at the top of the post.

As to the difference between the 8KHA and the 8K7A, the 8KHA has one more DIMM slot, does not come in a RAID flavor, and, from what Andy says, is more stable. The 8K7A DOES come in a RAID flavor (8K7A+), but only has two dimm slots instead of one. Other than that, they're about the same price.

[oc]SickBoy said:
Does the 8KHA do the same trick as the 8K7A with the core voltage? (Connecting L7's allowing you to go over 2 volts vcore)

That would be cool, I would totally go with the 8KHA if that was the case.

SickBoy

Yes the 8KHA can also do the voltage trick. I'll get one tomorrow+ a 1.2GHZ AXIA T-Bird., and i will post my results ASAP!

Bobby Manus said:
Ok looks like I am going to buy a 8kha today and a 1.4ghz athlon, I will keep you posted. Found some reviews you might want to look at, there here and here.

Why are you buying a 1.4Ghz. The 1.33Ghz is $35 cheaper and essentially the same thing.

Bobby Manus said:
Ok looks like I am going to buy a 8kha today and a 1.4ghz athlon, I will keep you posted. Found some reviews you might want to look at, there here and here.

I REALLY hope the OC Workbench is wrong about the max Vcore! That was one of the main reason's I bought this MoBo!

1) Andy you said you had it running at 1.85v. Was that the default voltage of the chip? Reviews i have read have stated that you cannot change the cpu voltage as it returns to its default and that it ignores the L7 bridges.

2)Does this board, like many other kt266 chipset boards, have the usb dropout issue?

3)Is there an issue with the 686b southbridge like the kt133a's had with file transfer and SBLive's?

Thanks for any help in advance

I've got it! The 8KHA! I have just insalled it, and reinstalled Win98, and no prob's yet!
I'll keep you guy's updated!
See ya later!

I don't think the V5+ is a problem on the 8KHA. I took this shot after running Sandra, 3D Mark 2001 and Folding. I use a non- AMD approved 300W PSU. I think my PSU is doing OK.
BTW I'm running a T-Bird [email protected] when I took the shot.

I think MoBo is a real success if runs two weeks no prob's yet. I am thinking of getting one, but have a mem question..........
Samsung?? is this mem worth a S*** !!
I found it on the net low $$$..........I mean dirt $$$ ??
Can anyone comment on this mem.........??

And let me know if I should upgrade Video...........
ATI Rage Fury Pro 32MB ??

Thanks...........

I'm pretty sure that samsung isn't that great. If I were going to get this board I would get some really good memory so I can take advantage of the high fsb speeds that this board can handle. I would say, just buy some crucial directly from there website. When buying memory you want to know your getting something good.

Back