• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keep it simple

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El<(')>Maxi

Blank Senior Member
Alot of mod's I see seem a bit more complicated than they really need to be. As an example here is Miknow's 9800np that I just recently modded. This has VGPU and VDD mods.

IMGP0149.jpg

By using card ground points that just happen to sit close by you can eliminate one wire/solder point from the mod.

A closer view of the VDD mod.

IMGP0145.jpg

One interesting thing I noted about the 9800 VDD mod. If you follow the trace from pin 5, and compare that to the alternative solder point for this mod you will notice somthing. The pad trace hit a different IC pin, ie 4. I think the only difference is that the mod that way goes thru(or the other does not), an extra cap on the reverse of the card. Would be interesting to try it both ways and see if there is any difference.

This will have a 172W pelt on it next week so I should be able to break 500Mhz core:D

Back