• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Punch amp mod 400 watter!!! Help me PLZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
I wanta cool the mosfet inside my punch amp 400 watt 4 channel and maybe volt mod it if possible. I'am also going to make a box for the amp to go in to cool it down. So if anyone can find some data sheet's on a Punch 400 watt 4 channel amp which look's like this
punch.jpg
Or if someone want's some close up's of the layout of the board I can take some pic's this weekend. Any help will be great for I'am going to mod this amp to performce better or @ least be cooled better.

Jonspd

Huum NO I want to mod this amp regardless it's going to be cooled and hopefully some kinda hardware mod that might up the wattage it will put out.

I'am guessing on the 2 10's kicker comp's it was hitting over 100+ db. It was loud and I want to see if I cant get to perform better already I'am going to have it where a air duct comes from the front or the car to supply it will good cool air.

jonspd said:
Huum NO I want to mod this amp regardless it's going to be cooled and hopefully some kinda hardware mod that might up the wattage it will put out.

I'am guessing on the 2 10's kicker comp's it was hitting over 100+ db. It was loud and I want to see if I cant get to perform better already I'am going to have it where a air duct comes from the front or the car to supply it will good cool air.

I've played in the car audio realm for a long time, my current system is 2 12s in a custom ported box with over 1200 watts of power. I am telling you, it is a poor idea to do anything but a cooling mod to an amplifier. I am also an electrical engineer, and anything you really do will affect the quality of the sound output, as the powersupply is regulated (I think it is, for that model) and that means the amplification circuit was designed for a specific voltage. I'f it's unregulated, you've got a chance, but I really, really, really wouldn't do it. Where are you going to get more than 12v from in a car, anyway? Whatever money you put into stepping up the voltage could more effectively be put into buying another amp.

lol modding an amp :rolleyes:

id think about adding cooling inside one if its running hot, which dont they all ne ways.

mr sr4400 runs hot really needs some silent cooling but no way im opening her up and voiding my waranty.

was thinking about modding a stacker discreetly with some low rpm fans to run some amb around everything.

Why not bi-amp your system so that you can get by with a lot less power but the get same sound volume for music? Or just get a hearing aid?

Back